Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

uhd 620 drivers and gpu acceleration

sshap2
Beginner

So i have a problem, gpu acceleration on my laptop just stopped working. I tried to install new drivers for i-gpu, from intel website via intel driver assistant, but programm is telling me that driver is't campatible with my system. i am confused.macbook vs lenovo 3.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Is this a laptop? You shouldn't be using Intel Driver and Support Assistant on laptops. Further, you should be using only the driver packages provided by your laptop vendor. These drivers may have been modified to support your hardware and thus replacing them with the unmodified drivers on the Intel site could screw things up.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
sshap2
Beginner

Well, lenovo doesn't offer any options for me. This drivers should support 8265u, at least intel say's so.

0 Kudos
sshap2
Beginner

Lenovo can't even provide me bios with normally configured fan's curve, i bought brilliant laptop for excellent price but these two things just killing me. Poor tuning of fans and lack of proper driver support, it's like lenovo 2 devil's companions.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What BIOS is installed? If it's not version 8HCN33WW, please download and install this version. You can get it here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-S730-13IWL/81J0/downloads/DS505192

What version of the Intel HD Graphics driver do you have installed (check this in Windows Settings Apps and Features page)? If it is not version 25.20.100.6577, please download and install this version. You can get it here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-S730-13IWL/81J0/downloads/DS505185.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. While it's true that driver version 25.20.100.6577 is not the latest, it is still not that far off the mark. From what I can see, Lenovo is providing a reasonable set of validated drivers; your "Lack of proper driver support" statement would seem to be unwarranted.

0 Kudos