Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

video core memory width bus

Андрей
Beginner

Hi, why is the video core memory width bus equal to 64 bits when I have two sticks of RAM and it should be 128? how can i fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Андрей, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this matter, we just wanted to check if you could please go to "Start" menu, select "About your PC" and see if it is showing both RAM sticks on the system, where it shows only "64-bit Bus width"?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Андрей, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, the reason is, as you can confirm in the link below, that the maximum graphics memory on Windows* 10 and Windows* 11 when using Intel® UHD Graphics is limited by the Operating System to one-half of the system memory. So, if you have 128 bits of memory RAM, that means you will have 64 bits of graphics memory:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Андрей
Beginner

but I saw people talking about the fact that with the second memory bar they double the bus in the video core and the performance increases, even cpu-z says ...

0 Kudos
Андрей
Beginner

so

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Андрей 

Please download and install the CPU Z application.

Open the memory tab and check if your memory works in Dual Memory Mode. 

Leon

0 Kudos
Андрей
Beginner

look. dual memory

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Андрей, We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any upates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Андрей, I Just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, it is important to mention, that the Integrated GPUs don't have dedicated video memory. For iGPUs, the system memory (RAM) is usually split between the CPU and iGPU usually 50% each. So, this case seems not to be related to graphics.

On the issue itself, we see that you are using a specific app (CPU-Z/GPU-Z). Maybe this app is not reading the value correctly. Do you have the option to try other apps like HWinfo?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Андрей
Beginner

Hi
I use HWinfo but there is no information about the memory bus

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Андрей, Thank you very much for confirming that information.

In that case, we will continue with our research on this matter. For us to be able to do that, could you please provide the model of the processor? I looked for it in the pictures but I did not see it there.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Alberto_R_Intel  and @Андрей ,

FYI, I'm attaching images of GPU-Z taken on three NUCS: NUC6i5SYH, NUC7i7DNHE and NUC8i7HVK. On all three, the video BUS width is 128 bit.

Leon

0 Kudos
Андрей
Beginner

nice. but in my programm i see only 64 bit..
my processor intel core i5 11400H

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Андрей, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously, where we are requesting the model of your processor, and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Андрей
Beginner

Yes, intel core i5 11400H,

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Андрей, Thank you very much for confirming that information.

We will now do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

While we are still working on this matter, we just wanted to check if you could please go to "Start" menu, select "About your PC" and see if it is showing both RAM sticks on the system, where it shows only "64-bit Bus width"?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Андрей
Beginner

See. By the way, I'm from Ukraine

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Андрей, Thank you very much for your response and for sharing the picture.

We will continue with our research on this matter and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

While we are still working on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm:

Could you please provide a CPU-Z screen shoot of Memory, not the Graphic Card? This is to check if Memory is configured as a dual channel. 

Could you also check in the BIOS if dual channel is disabled, and if the motherboard is capable to support dual channels?

Regards,

Albert R.

Андрей
Beginner

Yes of course 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Андрей, Thank you very much for sharing the pictures.

In order for us to continue with our research on this topic, could you please confirm if in the BIOS the dual channel is disabled or enabled?

Also, do you know for sure if the motherboard is capable to support dual channels? If you do not know that information, you can always get in contact with ASUS Support to confirm those details about the board:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Once you get the chance, please confirm those aspects. 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos