Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21222 Discussions

weird noise from gpu arc a750

Weirdnoisefromgpu

When i start to play CS2, my gpu makes weird noises and i don't really know is that normal for my gpu, but it looks like it is throttle whistling anyway i can record and add the noises to this post, also what is max temperature when fans on my GPU start to spin.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Weirdnoisefromgpu

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

I know that type of sound can be cause of concern, however, from what I hear in the sample you shared this might be coil whine which is normal to happen in GPUs and other electronic devices. I see the issue happens when playing CSGO2, Can you check if the sound intensifies or is less severe when you do different things within the game, like if you move the camera around pretty fast the sound might be louder, which will indicate that is actually coil whine.

As long as the GPU is working fine with no crashes or overheating everything should be ok. To answer your other question the threshold for the Arc GPUs will be 90C.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Weirdnoisefromgpu

I wanted to check if you were able to test our recommendation from our previous post to determine where the sound you hear from your system is coil whine. In case you have further questions let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Weirdnoisefromgpu

We did not receive a response from you, however, as mentioned in our previous post the sound coming from your GPU might as well be a coil whine which should not cause any problem with its functionality. We will be closing this thread ut if you have any other questions you can open a new one.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos