Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

windows 10 laptop crashes with intel graphics uhd 620

ASale15
Beginner

Hi, i have a dell inspiron 5570, which is running on MBDA right now (cant toggle brightness). hardware scans are showing everything ok. As soon as my MBDA driver updates automatically to intel uhd graphics 620, my laptop screen goes black and i can only view it thru HDMI on tv. help please

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASale15
Beginner

current windows version is windows 10 version 1809. 64 bit.

its intel core i5 8250U CPU

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ASale15,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to know if you have tried installing the latest driver provided directly by your system manufactuerer. If not please refer to the link below: 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5570-laptop/drivers?lwp=rt

Also, I would like to know why you were using Microsoft* Basic Display Adapter instead of installing the driver provided, was this issue happening before? 

Let me know so I can assist you further.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
ASale15
Beginner

Hi David,

Yes, so actually what happened was that my DELL inspiron 5570's IC suddenly stopped working, and I got it repaired from a local shop. After repair, the hardware seemed fine, as all BIOS tests came out ok but the problem was that I would only see display up until the DELL logo on the boot screen. After that, the screen went black. The laptop did load to the desktop but i just coudlnt see it because my screen was black. The only way i discovered this was by connecting the laptop to the tv via hdmi.

I tried searching for various solutions on the internet, and also downloaded the intel graphics driver suggested by DELL website itself, but no matter what I did, the laptop screen went black after booting up. I came across one solution, which was to turn on the laptop in safe mode and disable all intel ggraphic drivers, which I did and it left me with MBDA. But unfortunately the only issue with MBDA is that its not allowing me to toggle the brightness of my screen.

TL;DR: MBDA works on my laptop but I cant toggle brightness. Updating the driver to any intel driver turns laptop screen black.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ASale15,

Thank you for your response. 

Have you tried installing the driver provided by dell and then use the combination of keys to increase the brightness? Could be a possibility that the brightness is completely down, this is just a suggestion and for testing purposes. 

If the recommendation above does not help, I would strongly suggest you to get in contact with your system manufacturer for support and so that they can try to restore the operating system since this could perfectly be an O.S problem. They can also check for hardware issues that could've been left untreated by the repair shop.

Let me know the outcome or how you will proceed.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
ASale15
Beginner

Yes, I did try as you suggested, but unfortunately that didnt work. and yes, I will take the laptop back to dell and ask them to have a look at it. thank you for your help.

0 Kudos