Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

xtu shows gpu temperature

ABoe
Beginner

XTU shows 0 for voltage, processor graphics frequency, graphics TDP and processor graphics media. All other CPU and MEM values seem ok.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Andrew Boe,

I understand that you see the GPU from the processor as "0" volts.

Regarding this, I was able to see that you have a dedicated video card and when there is one the integrated graphics controller is inactive unless the system uses hybrid graphics. That inactivity could be the reason why there is no voltage.

Regards,

David V
ABoe
Beginner

Hi David thanks for the response. I may have disabled the onboard GPU don't remember how. I didn't want the computer to pick onboard GPU over GTX 1080 card. If that is possible how do I enable the onboard GPU? and/or get values for GTX 1080 card? Don't like using other apps XTU has helped a lot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello atb6785,

Thank you for your response,

Regarding this, In order to enable or disable hardware it is mostly controlled on the BIOS of the computer so I would recommend you to have a look there, something else you could try is to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard for further instructions. When there is a video card installed if "hybrid graphics" is not possible then the GPU will disable the integrated graphics automatically.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello atb6785,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos