Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

3% gpu usage on Counter Strike (original) OpenGL issue

_100_
Beginner

Hello,

I have an ARC a750 running with a 5600x with reBAR enabled. Driver version 31.0.101.5186.

I am getting extremely low fps for what is an extremely old game. When i look at my gpu usage during gameplay it hovers from 3-8%. I have tried using mesa3D but it has no impact on fps. the game is running in OpenGL mode. How do i force the gpu usage higher so that i can run the application on higher fps?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
그래요ITech
New Contributor I
Hello there,
I have the same issues about the OpenGL mode. I tried the intel link here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000094380/graphics.html this link will guide you to force the GPU usage higher.
I also played Counter Strike using my ARC a750 with a 5600 with reBAR enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello _100_, 

I want to further confirm some details as I want to make sure I provide you the correct answer to your inquiry. To have a better understanding of your situation, may I please know the game that is experiencing this issue? I also want to clarify, are you seeing the 3-8 percent usage in the Performance tab of the Task Manager? The reason I ask is because I want to identify if this is the one you are referring to when you said you want the gpu usage to be higher. 

We also have a known troubleshooting steps to fixing the Lag and Low FPS Performance of Intel Arc as showing in this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000094380/graphics.html. One of these is Updating your BIOS. Have you tried it as well? 

You may also send us the SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your system. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, _100_.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post regarding our known troubleshooting steps for fixing the Lag and Low FPS Performance of Intel Arc?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I
Hello there,
I have the same issues about the OpenGL mode. I tried the intel link here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000094380/graphics.html this link will guide you to force the GPU usage higher.
I also played Counter Strike using my ARC a750 with a 5600 with reBAR enabled.
0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello _100_,

I hope you are doing well. Since we have not heard any feedback regarding our previous post, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos