Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1681 Discussions

31.0.101.5234 driver Warzone 2 chrash

bladan
Novice

After installing 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 WHQL drivers using Intel driver & support assistant, Warzone 2 updates the shaders as usal and starts as well.

I play withiout problem, but when I rebooted the game it stuks every time in the loading match screen. Every time! so I delete the shader cash and download it again then the game works fine, but when reboot the game still same problem!

I found another "workaround": if I leave the game stuck after 15 minutes it says somthing like "time expired" then if I start a new match (without reboot the game) the match starts like a charm...

At this point I decided to reinstall 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 WHQL but manually from the installing file. After that, Warzone crash on start up with the error reported on screenshot

I tryed many solution founding online, delete directX cash, delete shader chash, repair files, reinstall the game reinstal drivers, nothing to do... At the end I decided to roll back to 101.5085_101.5122 and the game starts to work again!

so I think that in the last drivers "101.5186_101.5234" there is something that goes in confilct with Warzone!

HW: intel arc a770LE, 32GB ram, intel i5 12400, windows 11

26 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @bladan 

Thank you for posting in our Community.

I found online related content and this appears to be an error that may happen every now and then with multiple root-causes. Check this link  for additional information: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/12kbaqs/warzone_2_directx_error_since_season_3_update/

To troubleshoot this issue I would suggest the following: 

• Make sure your integrated graphics are disabled at BIOS level (you should be able to re-enable them after testing).
  • I'm also interested in checking if there are errors at system level - the Intel SSU tool might show if some are logged along with additional system configuration details. Would you be able to run this tool and attach the results?.

I'm not ruling out a driver regression bug since the game is working fine with old driver 101.5085. We should be able to get this tested here in our lab if you still get this error after trying my suggestions above.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
bladan
Novice

Hi @RonaldM_Intel 

I tried to instal the new driver 5194 using intel tool, but still stuck during the loadin of  match.

I wil try to dislable the integrated card tomorrow before to rool back to 5085, meanwhile i attached the result of intel SSU tool.

0 Kudos
bladan
Novice

also disabling the integrated card WZ stuck during loading match.

i roll back to 101.5085

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Thank you for all your testing. We'll go ahead and reproduce this issue in our test lab.

As soon as there is any news we'll update this thread.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bladan,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We have tried Driver Version 31.0.101.5330, and we did not encounter any Game Crashing or Freezing. 

In regards to that, we kindly request that you share the exact steps that lead to the issue, or if there are steps to reproduce the issue or that can trigger it, so we can replicate the issue and identify the cause.

We're looking forward to your response!

Thank you and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
bladan
Novice

Thanks for your support!

I try to explain adding more details as possible.

1- instal driver with "Intel driver & support assistant", I usually select clean installation
2- at the end reboot PC

3- start WZ with battle.net

4- wait 10\15 min for update the shaders. At this poin you can play normaly but if you...

5- close the game and reboot PC

6- start again WZ and select any kind of game (return, battle royale etc..), then start the match and wait for searching palyers.

7- When the game starts, it stuks during loading the match.

if you wait with stuck screen after 15min it says "time expired" so you can play normally, it is like you return o step 4

I confirm that 101.5085_101.5122 don't have this problem, right now I'm using this old version.

I hope this can help you, I will try the  last drivers and I let you know if this problem is still there.

UPDATE: I tryed 31.0.101.5330 and I get the same problem so I roll back to 5085 

thanks

Danilo S.

Muza
Novice

Hello,

There is a similar problem that happens on COD MW3 Multiplayer too.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1: Delete all shader cache in the game directory (cod23 folder).

2: Launch the game and let shaders compile and then close the game.

3: Launch the game again, monitor the cpu usage. You won't be able to join any game (Timed out error). If you wait 5-10 mins the cpu usage goes back to normal and you can play the game normally.

It seems that the game is re validating the already compiled shaders. This happens every time you launch the game.

Specs:

16GB Ram

ARC A770 LE 16GB. 

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Muza,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

Please file a new case so that we can appropriately support you as well, as there will be differences between your device and Bladan.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
SHYBORG
Novice

I missed this topic. So, I just submitted a new post regarding the same issue (it's awaiting approval right now). But, I have further details of my issue and it sounds the same. It started with driver 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234. I've included my SSU report and an application log and a description of my issue along with that post as well. If that doesn't get approved because this topic exists, I can supply that information here as well.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello SHYBORG,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

There will be differences between your device and Bladan; therefore, please file a new case so that we can properly support you. 

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
SHYBORG
Novice
Well, as I stated, I did make my own before I posted here. But, it got tagged as spam apparently. I reported it as falsely identified. But, heven't heard anything back. It was a big post, I included applicationogs and the system report. I'd hate to go through that again if it's still just going to be rejected.
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bladan,

Thank you so much for sharing with us the detailed steps so we can proceed with replicating our issue.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

By the way, it is highly noted that the issue also happens with driver 31.0.101.5330 but not with driver 101.5085_101.5122.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
DarkX
Novice

The issue also happens with driver 31.0.101.5333

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thanks to all your feedback we were finally able to reproduce the issue in our lab (even on driver 101.5333).

This is reported to our driver dev team now. As soon as we have news we'll update this thread.

Best Regards,

Ronald M. 

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi everyone, this one is turning out to be quite tricky. Our dev team told me they have been unable to reproduce the issue in their systems.

I tested it on 3 different systems (same OS and driver 31.0.101.5333) and so far I only have the issue reproduced in one PC. Steps we are following:

1. Start Warzone.
2. Wait for the game to update the shaders.
3. Play 1 or 2 matches normally.
4. Close the game and reboot PC.
5. Start Warzone and select any kind of game (return, battle royale etc..), then start the match.

This is the moment we should see the game hanging during loading and eventually get the time-out error (until shaders are deleted and start at #2 again). 

I would appreciate if you can point out if there is any other step we can follow to have a more consistent issue repro.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SHYBORG
Novice

Hi, Ronald! I can't speak for everyone, but I did not reboot during the game testing. Only between driver (un)installs. I'm not sure if the reboot fixes anything temporarily.

My testing simply included closing and relaunching the game after the initial shader build and gameplay.

Please don't tell us a reboot of the computer will be necessary to restart the game as well...

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Thanks for chiming in @SHYBORG I'll go a few rounds without rebooting and see what happens.

0 Kudos
DarkX
Novice

Someone knows if the issue reproduces at new driver 101.5379?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Yes it still happens on 101.5379. 

Oddly enough this issue doesn't seem to be Intel specific and more on the game side. I saw this reported on Nvidia GPU as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceNOW/comments/18gw83j/timed_out_in_warzone_3/

I suggest also reporting this to the game dev.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

DumbSauron
Beginner

Any updates?

0 Kudos