Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1752 Discussions

31.0.101.5234 driver Warzone 2 chrash

bladan
Novice

After installing 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 WHQL drivers using Intel driver & support assistant, Warzone 2 updates the shaders as usal and starts as well.

I play withiout problem, but when I rebooted the game it stuks every time in the loading match screen. Every time! so I delete the shader cash and download it again then the game works fine, but when reboot the game still same problem!

I found another "workaround": if I leave the game stuck after 15 minutes it says somthing like "time expired" then if I start a new match (without reboot the game) the match starts like a charm...

At this point I decided to reinstall 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 WHQL but manually from the installing file. After that, Warzone crash on start up with the error reported on screenshot

I tryed many solution founding online, delete directX cash, delete shader chash, repair files, reinstall the game reinstal drivers, nothing to do... At the end I decided to roll back to 101.5085_101.5122 and the game starts to work again!

so I think that in the last drivers "101.5186_101.5234" there is something that goes in confilct with Warzone!

HW: intel arc a770LE, 32GB ram, intel i5 12400, windows 11

31 Replies
DarkX
Novice

Same problem with 101.5444... neither Intel nor Activision do anything about it...time to change GPU. Bye bye Intel

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I want to confirm that our driver debug team believes to have already root-caused the issue. Please expect more news very soon.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SHYBORG
Novice

Hello, @RonaldM_Intel - It's been a month since the last update here... Any news on fixing this? I haven't tried the latest driver yet, but I've tried so many that I've given up on trying until I hear if this has been addressed. The notes on the releases since have not mentioned fixing this issue. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi everyone,

Our devs notified me that there is a fix for this issue on driver 31.0.101.5522 (I haven't had the chance to test it myself, hence why I haven't replied here yet) but if you can please try it out and let me know.

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SHYBORG
Novice
Thanks for the fast response. My initial tests seem to show that the issue has resolved after installing driver version 5522.

Thanks, everyone! Good work!
0 Kudos
DarkX
Novice

Too late for me. More than five months to solve a huge bug like this is not acceptable coming from a supposedly serious company. I ran out of faith and patience and I have already changed my GPU.

0 Kudos
SHYBORG
Novice

@DarkX, Well... 4 months. And the game was totally playable with January's 1st driver as the bug didn't exist then.

As I understand it, Intel's Arc graphics division as new and this is their first generation. I'm totally good with them taking their time to work out their issues as long as there are work-arounds. This was additionally a very specific issue and from what I read wasn't isolated to just Intel cards. I for one am happy they were even willing to address it and had some engineer(s) find this bug and squash it even if it could have been easier to push it off to the game dev to resolve.

I guess we've been spoiled these days as we expect to have multiple new drivers a month and to expect them all to be 100% perfect. I remember the early 2000's and even 2010's where drivers might be available once a quarter if you were lucky. Then ATI started Catalyst that pushed out a driver guaranteed once a month... Woo. Those were almost always buggy as hell, too... (cranky old man voice) And we were happy!

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello bladan,

We have conducted an exhaustive investigation into the matter you've raised, and we appreciate your patience during this process. It is our pleasure to report that the issue affecting Call of Duty has been resolved in graphics driver versions 101.5522, 31.0.101.5534 and above. We suggest upgrading to the most recent graphics driver version to see if the problem has been rectified.

Furthermore, our article on "Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 Freezes or Crashes during Startup" has been updated to reflect this resolution. We are eager to hear back from you regarding any improvements or further assistance you may require.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello bladan,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello bladan, 

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
bladan
Novice

sorry I stop to play for a wile.

I just try to start a match right now and the problem seems solved!

thankyou!

0 Kudos