Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

ARC A770 16G performs badly in Assassin's Creed: Unity

biscuitman233
Beginner

There's only 20-30fps in high quality. And 30fps in low quality.

resizeable BAR is enabled. The display driver is the newest 4123 beta.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing low performance on Assassins Creed Unity. Please let us know the following information to assist you with this issue:

• Where did you download the game from? (EPIC, Steam, Ubisoft Launcher)
  • Share a short video showing this issue.
  • Share a short video or screenshots of the graphics settings you are using.
  • Was this issue happening on previous drivers?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
biscuitman233
Beginner

Hello Hugo_Intel

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded the game from Steam.

The video include the issue and the graphics settings.

It also happened on 4091 WHQL driver.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

Thank you for sharing this information. Based on the video that you shared, I do see the settings that you are using, however, I did not see any FPS indicator on the screen. How are you measuring the FPS on this game, if possible share a video using that tool? So we can check the FPS that you are getting.

Also, please visit your system manufacturer's website and update the Bios to the latest version. The version should be 7E01vM1.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
biscuitman233
Beginner

Hello Hugo_Intel

Here's a new video, which shows the FPS at the upper-left corner.

As for the bios, I'm not able to update it yet for there's not a reliable usb disk. I will reply as soon as I am able to update. However, I don't think it would help.XD

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

Thank you for providing the video. We would like to make sure that your system is up to date before we further research this issue, so yes, please let us know once you are able to update the Bios and if it makes any difference in the game's behavior.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
biscuitman233
Beginner

Hello Hugo_Intel

I managed to update my bios today and made the setting the same as those before updating. It doesn't make any difference

in Assassin's Creed Unity. There's still only 20-30 fps.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

Thank you for all the information and troubleshooting done so far. We will continue checking this issue internally, I will post back once I have an update or in case I need more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @biscuitman233

Thank you for your patience. In this case, in order for us to continue checking and testing this, can you please help us with the following:

• Current monitor resolution
  • Game video settings/.
  • For the video settings, you can send us a short video or a screenshot showing them, so we can try to reproduce this. If you do this, please make sure they are in English.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @biscuitman233

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

I want to let you know that we are working on this issue and trying to reproduce it. We appreciate the information that you have provided so far. There is no need for another video of graphics settings since you provided it before in your previous posts. Please kindly wait for an update as we continue working on this problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

I want to give you an update on this issue and let you know that we continue our research. We were able to test this game and reproduce the low-performance problem that you reported. Once I have the next steps or more information for you I will post back. I appreciate your patience,

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

biscuitman233
Beginner

Hello Hudo_Intel

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know that you are working on this issue. And I look forward to a new driver or any other solution. So yes, please tell me if there's anything new.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

We really appreciate your patience on this matter. After continuously investigating this issue we have now released a fix on our latest BETA driver 31.0.101.4514.

Please update and test the latest driver and let us know your feedback and if you noticed any difference.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
biscuitman233
Beginner

Hello Huho_Intel

Thank you for your work. I have tried the latest BETA 4514, and it has been much better. Now I can enjoy ACU at 60fps. However, with the MSAA 8x, there's only 15fps.

Anyway, thanks again for all what you have done. Nice work and keep going.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

Thank you for your feedback. Good to know the game is now working better on your system as well. Allow me to further check with our team about the issue with MSAA. I will get back to you once I have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

Upon checking this with our team, since the game is now able to work at 60fps and the issue happens with a specific graphics setting this needs to be considered a new issue as such, please open a new thread and just reference this one in order to get your system information and video of the issue so we can further assist.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello biscuitman233

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. We are interested to continue improving your experience, as requested before, please open a new thread to further assist you with this game.

Best Regards,  

Hugo O. 

0 Kudos