Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1792 Discussions

ARC A770 Fan Speed

Sollve
Beginner

Hello, my Arc A770 has started to fluctuate the fan speed from 0 to 1800 RPM with no load for no apparent reason, it is doing it every 30 seconds or so and while in load it does it at a 3 minute interval, I DDU and reinstalled the latest version, and also and older version of the driver.

Just created a new system with a 13th gen Intel I5-13600KF and have the same issue, any ideas what to check or how to troubleshoot? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Sollve

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. I know irregular fan behavior can be concerning and I will be glad to help with this one.

As a first approach and so we can work with default not altered settings I would advise that you reset to default settings both your BIOS and Arc Control settings from the performance tab.

Then, I would like to confirm the model of your graphics card, I understand is A770 but, Is it a "Limited Edition" version or a different version from another assembler? At the same time, I would like to confirm the firmware version of the GPU, you can get it from the gear icon on the top left of Arc Control under system information or you can create the report from the Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) that also contains the information.

There was a firmware update included in the latest driver 31.0.101.4644, Did the issue start right after that update or did you previously experience it?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Trixxx
Beginner

Hi, 

I have the same issue. The model is the Acer Biofrost A770. The fan is consistently spiking and cannot be set below 30% speed. The fan keeps spiking to 1500rpm then 0 and so on. 

The latest driver (31.0.101.4644) has not resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Trixxx

Specifically for Acer Bifrost models this issue has been acknowledged by our team and we are currently working on it. Please look forward to future driver updates that should contain the fix, however, please note there is no estimated time for the fix to be released.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Sollve
Beginner

Hello Hugo,

Sorry for replying so late, yes it is the Acer Bifrost, I'm glad to hear the issue is known and it is worked on, in the meantime do you recommend a rollback or should we just wait, I'm concerned about damage it is running a bit hotter now as you can imagine.

Thank you,

Tomas

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sollve,

Thank you for your response and for letting us know that you graphics card is a Acer Biofrost A770.

I recommend you to wait for the fix, since we are working really hard on the solution.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Sollve

As informed on this thread and taking into consideration that your GPU is an Acer version, we want to let you that we continue to work on this problem and the moment there is not estimated time for the fix to be released, but this thread will be updated once there a solution in place. Note the thread will no longer be monitored so if you have further questions, please open a new topic.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Anas2
Beginner

Hello everyone

I have the same issue with the sparkle edition 16 gb.

Anyone has the same module and solved the problem ?

Screenshot 2024-05-30 001429.png

0 Kudos
Sollve
Beginner
I belive they created a fix via driver but I don’t know I ended up selling it and bought a 4070ti… sad
0 Kudos