Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1803 Discussions

ARC A770 choppy video capture

Katanga73
Novice

Hi, I have an issue with gaming video capture using my ARC A770. Whether I use the video capture feature in Intel Arc Control or OBS Studio software, the clips I obtain are always rather choppy, stuttering. The video capture format is AV1 1080p at 60fps, but when played back, it seems to be running at 15fps. It appears that only a few frames are being processed during encoding. I don't believe it's a decoding problem, as my system (CPU i5 9600k, 32 GB DDR4, Asus Z390 Tuf Gaming motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD, and of course an Intel Arc A770 16 LE) should be able to handle the video without too many issues. Any suggestions for a possible solution? Kind regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Katanga73,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am aware of how annoying is to have stuttering issues when capturing video through OBS and Intel® Arc™ Control, I am more than happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the issue, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Katanga73
Novice

Ok, thanks

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Katanga73,

Remember to answer the previous questions and provide the files requested, this is really important to provide you with the next steps

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Katanga73,

Were you able to generate the Intel® SSU report?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Katanga73,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos