Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1599 Discussions

Adequate for non-pro level 3D architecture?

Ottorox
Novice

Hello!

I am interested in a laptop  (2in1, 16 inch) sporting the following:

Intel® Core™ i7-1260P (up to 4.7GHz, 18 MB L3 cache, 12 cores, 16 threads)+Intel® Arc™ A370M Graphics (4GB)+16GB(OB)(OLED).

Can someone tell me if this would support (reasonably well) 3D architecture and interior design for my personal use?  

It also comes with 32GB RAM. Would that make a difference for this type of application?  

My other uses are less intensive. No gaming, just Office and photo processing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ottorox
Novice
Thank you. If I understand correctly, I will have to research which software I will need prior to purchasing the laptop. I will take your advice and thank you for it. You may close the thread.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Check the requirements of the software you plan to use.  That will help you selecting a laptop.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Ottorox
Novice

Thanks for your reply. I have yet to select the software, but that should indeed guide my choice of laptops.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Ottorox.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Arc communities.

We highly recommend checking the requirements of the software that you are planning on using and also check which specific laptop fits your needs since the manufacturers have different configurations for each device.

Refer to the following links in which you will be able to find more information related to the available Intel® Arc™ products:

• Intel® Arc™ A350M Graphics:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/228338/intel-arc-a350m-graphics.html

• Intel® Arc™ A370M Graphics:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/228342/intel-arc-a370m-graphics.html

In case you have any further doubts or if more assistance is required please let us know.

Regards

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Robert Q.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread.

We highly recommend checking the list of requirements of every software that you consider as an option (such as RAM, Processing Power, and Storage), and based on this information, check the different laptop models that are offered by the manufacturers, this will help you choose the laptop model that best suits your needs.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Ottorox
Novice
Thank you. If I understand correctly, I will have to research which software I will need prior to purchasing the laptop. I will take your advice and thank you for it. You may close the thread.
0 Kudos