Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1700 Discussions

After update 101.4824 Intel Arc Control uses 9GB Memory/RAM

Noval
Novice

Screenshot 2023-09-14 032017.png

This happened immediately when the laptop was just turned on and made my laptop temperature increase instantly

86 Replies
LAOLIU818
Novice

在上面的回复中,我提供了日志文件

0 Kudos
LAOLIU818
Novice

Intel should fix this issue ASAP

LAOLIU818
Novice

In my reply above I provided the log files

0 Kudos
AmrDabour
Beginner

i have the same problem. i uninstalled the app until the new version release. 

0 Kudos
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

DDU and reinstall will solve this issue.

Also, clean %temp% folder in your Windows and/or execute a Disk Cleanup with the windows utility.

0 Kudos
MichelN86
New Contributor I

Should i format the system too before i install this driver ???

For serious? Alot of users have issues and you come with “standard” reply that can come from a intel developer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/16j9fqp/arc_control_memory_leak/?rdt=35513

The arc application is the issue here, not the driver it self.

MichelN86
New Contributor I

Another user posted a video online. I had exactly the same.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlcMm4Ka-I

reports on github:

https://github.com/IGCIT/Intel-GPU-Community-Issue-Tracker-IGCIT/issues/511

To fix the issue, simply delete the arc control application.

iQuan
Novice

i have the same problem.

Screenshot 2023-09-16 192024.png

0 Kudos
MichelN86
New Contributor I
I really don’t understand why intel keeps that driver live. It should have been taken down already!
Noval
Novice

This is funny, Intel sometimes provides several updates a month but the bug problem is never fixed, especially for the camera feature

Nazrex
New Contributor I

What is this Camera feature thats not working for you?

Are you talking about the Camera, in the Studio tab on the ARC Control Center?

It works fine for me, are you sure you have your Camera plugged into your computer; because it doesn't work at all, unless you have a Camera plugged in.

See this is why it takes awhile for Intel to "fix" things like this.

It works perfectly fine for other people, but, its not working for you?

Well, then lets find out WHY its not working for you?

They can't fix something, if its only not working for you... because on their end, and on everyone elses end... It works.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

The Driver is still Live, because for most people...

Its works just fine.

There's only maybe half a dozen people here on this forum posting about having problems... 

Out of, how many out there... who are using the GPU and Driver, and NOT having problems/NOT reporting problems to Intel?

Why should they rush a fix for something that seemingly only effects such a small percentage of customers using the product while those who are reporting the problem... aren't posting trouble shooting steps, aren't posting system specs, aren't posting their SSU reports, aren't posting their Intel Graphics Command Center reports?  How is Intel supposed to fix a "reported" problem when no one gives them the info they need?

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

It's weird hey? So many people with the same memory leak reported on here, Riddit, Github and videos on youtube... I am very jealous that you are not experiencing the same problem; Perhaps you can assist in showing us what we may being doing wrong, and what you have done right since it thankfully hasn't affected your PC, so that we can fix the issue instead of reporting it to, and bugging, Intel with the problem as they would definitly be too busy to help us?

Nazrex
New Contributor I

I would love to.

nomemleak.jpg

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

Asrock PG Riptide Wifi B650E 

Gskill Flare DDR5-6000 32GB

Intel Arc A770 16GB Limited Edition

Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 240RGB

eVGA Supernova G2 750wt PSU

Samsung 990 Pro 2TB m.2 SSD

Are you using the Intel Reference model of the GPU like me, or are you using a third party version; ASRock, Acer?

If you're using one of the Third Party versions of the GPU, Intel is often recommending here on these support forums that you NOT use their Reference Drivers/Software, but instead get the updated Drivers/Software, from the third party manufacturers website.

What programs/games are you running when it occurs?   

Could it be specific to some piece of hardware, could it be specific to a certain game?

Also... Reddit, Github, Youtube?   None of those are supported by Intel, and Intel does not go to those places for bug reports, so those people will have to come here to submit them.   The more information Intel has, the quicker they'll be able to find a solution.

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

Windows 11

Intel i9 13th gen with integrated Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics (Driver 31.0.101.4824 - the most up to date version)
Nvidia RTX 4050 8gb GPU - Nvidia Geforce App runs/updates this GPU, Arc controller doesn't even pick this GPU up on its interface

1tb WD nvme ssd

16gb RAM

Reset my PC yesterday, and started fresh, downloaded Intel driver and support assistant which downloaded Intel Arc controller, the same issue occurred with the memory leak. It's not the driver that's the issue, as I still have the most up to date driver for the integrated intel iris xe graphics, its the Acr Controller app that's giving issues; I have never had a problem with it before until the last couple day. Once I uninstall the Arc controller, my PC runs normally, with no issues with memory.

XImpalerX
Novice

Did you see Intel's response? It affects people who have a second graphics card... so do you still feel that it's only affecting "half a dozen people" lol? You owe everyone an apology for downplaying the issue because it wasn't affecting you.

Hrdina
Novice

I'm having problems and it caused my card to overheat. The fans nor LEDs function and the card is no longer visible in Intel's RGB tool. 

0 Kudos
Seaum
Novice
I am also facing this problem from today. how can i solve it? when i turn on my pc in morning it was laggy but i didn't realize something wrong.. the i opened valorant in my very first match it says driver crash and my pc stuck then i restart my pc and again faced the same problem. then i found arc control assist taken 9824 mb ram and my ram usage was 98%! please give the solution.
MichelN86
New Contributor I
To fix it remove intel arc application. The driver it self is good
Noval
Novice

delete/uninstall INTEL ARC CONTROL from your pc brother..

0 Kudos
Seaum
Novice
I didn't uninstall it but i disabled the arc control untill the next update.Now all things are doing fine.Thank you michel & Noval
0 Kudos