Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1752 Discussions

After update 101.4824 Intel Arc Control uses 9GB Memory/RAM

Noval
Novice

Screenshot 2023-09-14 032017.png

This happened immediately when the laptop was just turned on and made my laptop temperature increase instantly

86 Replies
MasterNoMercy
Beginner

I have to agree with you, i was using Arc for the first time trying to figure out why my GPU bottoms out and couldn't figure out why my PC kept crashing.  Figured out that Arc was using 100% of memory, then figured out that Arc keeps using memory till it crashes.  I wanted to capture the horror (i had to stop the capture before it crashed my PC wasn't sure the capture would save).  I will be uninstalling this program.

0 Kudos
MasterNoMercy
Beginner

Update: After uninstalling the display driver, it reinstalled version 31.0.101.4502 which i believe is a roll back of the previous.  This seems to have resolved the memory issue for now.

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

0 Kudos
phoe
Beginner

This situation brough me here lol

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

I'm still wondering why I'm NOT having this problem... and why the 4824 Driver and Arc Control Center works fine for me?

Maybe it has something to do with the Windows Version everyone is using?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I am NOT experiencing any memory leak issues at all.

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

It's weird hey? So many people with the same memory leak reported on here, Riddit, Github and videos on youtube... I am very jealous that you are not experiencing the same problem; Perhaps you can assist in showing us what we may being doing wrong, and what you have done right since it thankfully hasn't affected your PC, so that we can fix the issue instead of reporting it to, and bugging, Intel with the problem as they would definitely be too busy to help us?

0 Kudos
Stillwater
Novice

1694672980304.gif

I have the same issue. Arc Control continuously increases its memory usage until my memory is completely depleted. The driver version is 31.0.101.4284, and the Arc Control version is 1.73.5334.1. Here are my log files.

0 Kudos
JaimePF
Beginner

The same is happening to me. This is very frustrating. I already followed the previous steps of uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling fresh, but I get the same result. 

Here is the log file as requested and the information about the software version.Screenshot_drivers.png

0 Kudos
XImpalerX
Novice

Here are my SSU logs as requested.

0 Kudos
Vampurrr
Novice

Are people here using DDU as requested?
Uninstalling and reinstalling is not the same as using DDU.
Uninstalling still leaves remnants/rogue files and folders. DDU will get rid of them.

I was having issues with Arc Control, and my issues were fixed after using DDU. 

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Are people who are experiencing this problem, using an INTEL version of the GPU?

Or are they using an Acer, Asrock or some other third party manufacturer model?

Intel has often recommended on this forum that if you're using a third party version of the GPU... that you should NOT be using their reference driver/arc software; from their website... but instead that you should download the latest versions available from your GPU Manufacturer's website.

0 Kudos
XImpalerX
Novice

All Intel Graphics are built-in to the Intel CPU's. You can't buy an Intel CPU that is created by Acer. You are confusing this with discrete graphics cards.

Actually I just found Intel Arc 7, so it looks like Intel now makes discrete cards, so I stand corrected.

0 Kudos
MichelN86
New Contributor I

@Nazrex, you do know when people who have msi or any other brand and install the intel arc drivers that it will auto update to the latest version from intel itself ?

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

So far... 

I've looked at every SSU/IGCC report that has been posted on this thread.

The only common contributing factor that I've seen... so far... is those who are experiencing this issue, are running Windows 11.

While I am running Windows 10, and not experiencing this problem.

If more people who have this problem, could confirm whether they're running Windows 11... well, that alone could be valuable information for Intel to look at; and gives them a place to start looking for a fix.

0 Kudos
XImpalerX
Novice
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, @Noval

We appreciate everyone's feedback on this issue. Following several user reports including the ones under this thread we have identified that whenever a Display Adapter other than Intel Display Adapters is installed in the system (e.g. Virtual Display adapters, a second Discrete Graphics card), the Arc Control software will start to incrementally consume RAM (memory leak).

We are at the moment investigating this issue as a top priority to come up with a resolution, in the meantime you can use the following workaround to use the latest driver with an older version of Arc Control:

1. Uninstall driver 31.0.101.4824 using DDU
  2. Install driver 31.0.101.4676 which includes the previous version of Intel Arc Control (1.71). 
  3. Perform a custom installation of driver 31.0.101.4824 unchecking the Arc Control installation option. This will keep the previous version (1.71) of Arc Control. (check attached screenshots)

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, @Noval

We want to let you know we have just released a new driver version 31.0.101.4826 which includes a fix for this memory leak issue, please go ahead and check it out. If the issue still persists after a regular update, please use Display Driver Uninstaller.

Share with us your feedback and let us know if the issue gets resolved from your side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
LAOLIU818
Novice

I have installed the latest version and it has not been repaired. There is still a memory leak.

0 Kudos
LAOLIU818
Novice

new log file

0 Kudos
Stillwater
Novice

I'm also experiencing the same issue. I've installed the latest driver, 31.0.101.4826, but the memory leak problem still persists. The Arc Control version remains the same at 1.73.5334.1.

螢幕擷取畫面 2023-09-19 102252.png

0 Kudos
iQuan
Novice

Very funny.

Fortunately, I didn't install it, because after reading the update info, they didn't say any about the issue of memory leakage.