Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1803 Discussions

Alias Isolation fix request

Katanga73
Novice

Hello, I would like to report an issue regarding the functionality of the application 'Alias Isolation,' a small but very popular software that allows for perfect antialiasing in the game 'Alien: Isolation.' Since the last Intel Arc driver updates, using this software has dramatically decreased performance from over 100 fps to 30, sometimes even 15 in certain levels. It seems that the issue has also been detected by users of AMD graphics cards, particularly after driver updates. On Nvidia cards, the game continues to run smoothly, even when using the 'Alias Isolation' software. It would be great if a small fix could be provided for Intel Arc card owners to continue using this software, just as Nvidia graphics card owners can. Thank you for the constant support.

P.S. I'm referring to the original version 1.0.6 released on Github in 2016. I'm aware that there are other forks of this software that partly seem to solve the fps drop issue but cause numerous glitches during gameplay, so my request is specific to the original 2016 version.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Katanga73, 

On general terms we do not support mods form 3rd parties. Please report this issue to the mod developer so they can debug it from the mod side. I know this is not the answer you hoped to get but supporting 3rd party mods is complex and risky - fixing a mod might impact the base-game and trigger new issues.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos