Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1612 Discussions

Alternate Name Suggestion For Future Arc Graphics Cards

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Intel,

Arc should stay as the brand name for your GPUs, like AMD and NVIDIA have for theirs. But unlike AMD and NVIDIA, you should ditch the numbers altogether and classify each tier with their own names. Here's what I mean:

-Arc Spark/Arc Zap (Entry Level GPU)

-Arc Voltage/Arc Lightning (Mid-Level GPU)

-Arc Surge/Arc Storm (High End GPU)

Those are just examples. I say all this because I admit, instead of following the trends set by AMD and NVIDIA with numbers, I think you should just do your own thing. I guarantee the next gen of GPUs that come out with these names will ride some serious lightning (pun slightly intended) with gamers. You've shown serious promise with the continuous improvement to the drivers of your Arc GPUs. Don't be afraid to take another leap of faith. In fact, I'm debating between the next gen of GPUS from Intel and AMD. With the GeForce RTX 3060 being the last NVIDIA card I use, NVIDIA is out of the game for my next PC build.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Programinjo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We appreciate your recommendations about an Alternate Name scheme.

We will pass your feedback on to the corresponding team in charge. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Programinjo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We appreciate your recommendations about an Alternate Name scheme.

We will pass your feedback on to the corresponding team in charge. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hello Jean,

Much appreciated. As I did not know where else to submit my feedback, I felt this forum was as close to an acceptable location as I could find. If you know where a more acceptable location would be, please let me know.

Thank you again for your correspondence.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for your response.

To give feedback related to Intel Products, you can contact Intel Customer Support or, as you did, report it through our Community Support Forum.

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. We will close this thread. In case you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos