Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1711 Discussions

Any update on SteamVR for Alchemist GPUs?

ZayaStar
Novice

Hey, I just wanted to ask how it is going with steamVR  compatibility? currently I cannot use my Valve index as my headset is not detected if I use my A750, I saw there were a previous thread about this but I'd like to know if there is any way to get it to work now.

Maybe even get a specific driver to be able to play VR, I know Linus from LTT got one when he did the arc challenge, though that was specifically an Alpha driver, is there any plans to add steamvr support soon?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ZayaStar

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I know support for VR is important for you. Allow me to check if there is any update regarding the compatibility with VR. Once I have more information I will post back.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Smonsen
Beginner

I have the exact same problem. 
I'm desperate to use my valve index again, but it's a bit frustrating, that intel is keeping us in the dark. 
I would love to hear an update, or an official statement regarding vr support. 

0 Kudos
ZayaStar
Novice
Yeah it would be great to know an update, sadly I have to say I got to switch if I can't use it, it's important to me to use VR especially between the seasons now, keep a bit in shape xD
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @Smonsen, @ZayaStar

I was checking this information for you, however, at the moment there is no update we can share about VR support for Intel® Arc™ GPUs but please note that Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MyChaOS
Beginner

Hi Hugo,
any updates so far? Still no support in sight. Its really frustrating if you actually bought a System (NUC) for also playing some VR with it, and you still cannot use it...

Especially as Linus Tech Tips obviously already got a Driver last year which worked, so advertisement was done with VR in my opinion.

Is there any chance that this VR Driver will ever materialize?

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

Either of you guys tried OpenComposite?

That is what I am using with my A770 and it works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zi3YHEtG4

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ZayaStar

Since there are no further questions, we will close this thread. We thank you for the continued support of our Intel® Arc™ Dedicated Graphics products. If you need further assistance feel free to open a new topic as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Brooklyn_Forge
Beginner

Lack of Steam VR support is what is exactly keeping me away from the Arc A770 sadly. For vr more so for social vr games like VRchat and chillout VR having 16gb of Vram for the price the A770 sells for would be such a big benefit. Until steam vr and pimax is supported sadly won't be buying a Intel card.

0 Kudos
HexieDecimals
Novice

Necroing this as its been MONTHS. I adopted your products and love the a770 but the lack of any updates on the VR situation is troubling.

Not just asking for driver updates but communications from Intel concering this issue would be greatly appreciated.