Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1980 Discussions

Arc A380 goes blank when monitor input changes or is power cycled

PQure
Novice

A380 working for the most part, but if I change inputs on my monitor, or if I power cycle the monitor, it just gives a blank screen. Swapping DisplayPort input doesn't help, but switching to HDMI does. At least until you change inputs or power cycle the monitor again, after which the HDMI is broken too.

The only fix is to power cycle the computer with a forced reboot.

Windows 11, driver 31.0.101.5592 (latest).

Ryzen 7900, ASRock B650M Pro RS, 64GB ECC RAM

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PQure
Novice

Hi Von.

Thanks for your help. What I mean is that when I installed the latest driver, there was a message about updating the card's firmware as well. I didn't see that when installing previous versions of the driver.

That firmware update seems to have fixed the issue. I suppose it could also be the driver, but I think the firmware is more likely.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, PQure.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Various Intel® Arc™ Graphics cards have problems connecting to various monitors. The problem of getting a blank screen after changing inputs or power cycling the monitor, which then affects both DisplayPort and HDMI inputs, suggests a potential compatibility or driver-related issue. Could you please provide the specific make and model of your monitor? This information will help us determine if any compatibility issues could be contributing to the problem. What type of A380 graphics card are you using? Is it an Intel Branded or an OEM GPU?

Finally, knowing your processor, RAM, and motherboard is a good start, but I could still use more information about your system configuration specifically the exact model of your graphics. Please run the Intel SSU report and share the results with me so I can verify details such as OS build, driver versions, errors logged at the system level, and etc.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PQure
Novice

Thanks Von.

The monitor is an LG 27UL850. The graphics card is an ASRock Challenger A380 6GB.

I ran the SSU tool but the upload function doesn't work, the website it goes to is down. Is there some way I can DM you the output? I don't want to post it publicly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, PQure.

Thank you for providing details about your monitor and graphics card model. Regarding the SSU logs report, I will be sending you a private email. Please respond to it and attach the SSU logs output. I would be happy to review them and assist you in resolving the issue you are experiencing

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, PQure.

We've sent you a follow-up regarding the result/outcome of the test you preformed.

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, PQure.

Thank you for your update via email response. That's great to hear that updating the version fixes the issue! However, just to confirm quickly, when you mention the latest firmware update, are you referring to the update for the graphics driver? This will help us in documenting the issue and share the fix to our Intel community forums: Intel® ARC™ Graphics.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
PQure
Novice

Hi Von.

Thanks for your help. What I mean is that when I installed the latest driver, there was a message about updating the card's firmware as well. I didn't see that when installing previous versions of the driver.

That firmware update seems to have fixed the issue. I suppose it could also be the driver, but I think the firmware is more likely.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, PQure.

It's fantastic news that updating the firmware fixed the issue! It seems you approached it from the right direction. Hopefully, this will help other community members and users facing similar problems in the future.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out or start a new thread, as this conversation will no longer be actively monitored. I'm glad I could help!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos