Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

[Arc Control / SUGGESTION] Undervolting Arc GPUS?

AjrAlves
New Contributor II

Well, the title says everything.

How about giving Arc Control options to undervolt and/or even better:

Full voltage x frequency curve tweaking with a graphical interface (X and Y axis), letting you undervolt or overvolt for each frequency value in the curve.

Right now OC through Arc Control is kinda of curve based, but:

1- It won't let you visualize de curve

2- Won't let you see the individual frequency states (and they do exist)
3- No undervolting, only way to decrease graphics power is through decreasing the frequency target, but it wont let you decrease voltage target for said frequency (and decreasing TGP will lose a lot of performance, as it will only limit frequency).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand how important is for you to be able to undervolt the Intel® Arc™ Graphics through Intel® Arc Control, I will be happy to help you.  

We appreciate the comments and feedback provided, that is really important for us to continue improving our products. We have submitted the suggestion to the corresponding team to be evaluated as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

up

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand how important is for you to be able to undervolt the Intel® Arc™ Graphics through Intel® Arc Control, I will be happy to help you.  

We appreciate the comments and feedback provided, that is really important for us to continue improving our products. We have submitted the suggestion to the corresponding team to be evaluated as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

Thanks for the acknowledgement, I know this won't be a priority anytime soon, but would be cool to have that in the official Intel OC tool (Arc Control).

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves,

Thank you for your response. 

Since you do not have further questions, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,  

Andres P.