Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1630 Discussions

Arc Control monitoring metrics bug

Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Since driver 4255, there has been a new bug that the "Fan Speed" item in the Arc Control monitoring panel, either the main UI or the in-game overlay, will disappear automatically when it drops to zero RPM and then reappear when the fans start spinning (for non-zero value). It seems like someone in your driver team deliberately made this change and considered it as a creative idea, which is not and is just totally stupid.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the fan speed monitoring function and appreciate that you report the issue to us.

We would like to reproduce this issue and want to confirm with you whether the problem automatically happens when the fans' RPM reaches 0 or if you have specific steps that trigger this issue, if so, please share them with us.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@Hugo_Intel wrote:

We would like to reproduce this issue and want to confirm with you whether the problem automatically happens when the fans' RPM reaches 0 or if you have specific steps that trigger this issue, if so, please share them with us.

The problem automatically happens when the fans' RPM reaches 0.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

Allow me to check this with our team. I will post back once I have an update for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

We are still checking this issue. We would like to ask you, if possible, to provide a screenshot from the ARC Control UI as well as the overlay showing this issue, so we can compare the way that the Intel® Arc™ Control Software looks from your side once this issue happens.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@Hugo_Intel 

I have recorded two video clips for you to see the difference.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

Thank you for sharing these videos with us. I will give you an update once I have more information. Thank you for the feedback.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

We have confirmed and replicated this issue in our test lab. We also have documented and passed your feedback to the corresponding team so they can take a look at this issue. We appreciate your feedback and that you take the time to report his issue to us.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

Since there are no further questions, we will close this thread. Do not hesitate in opening a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos