Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

Artifacts in Mafia: Definitive Edition

Petr_Bruzek
New Contributor I

Hello,
Today I started Mafia: Definitive Edition on my ARC A770 for the first time.
When Motion Blur is on, strange cubes form on the rear bumper (visible on the bottom edge) while driving. I'm posting a youtube video here below. I am sending the SSU as well.

Thanks.

Peter

https://youtu.be/HhtSjdpZg_4

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. We are currently investigating this issue for you. I did check your logs and found out that you can update your driver to 31.0.101.5382 WHQL Certified at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html. Kindly please do so and let us know of the results. If the issue still persists, kindly please reply to us with the screenshot of your game settings so we can be more detailed into looking at this for you. Thank you!

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Petr_Bruzek
New Contributor I

Hello,

Unfortunately, the problem persists even after updating the drivers.
Instead of a screen shot, I am sending a video https://youtu.be/y8iU_x529Fs
high= vysoká
custom = vlastní
on = zapnuto
off = vypnuto

Peter

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

Thank you for letting us know of the results. I will proceed in coordinating this with our team and keep this thread updated once a solution is already available. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with my team, I want to let you know that turning the motion blur on or off in "Mafia: Definitive Edition" depends on your game preference. However, many players recommend turning off motion blur to improve the clarity and sharpness of the graphics. Disabling motion blur can also potentially help increase frame rates and provide a smoother gaming experience.

If you find that motion blur is causing the graphics to appear blurry or if it's affecting your gameplay, you might want to try turning it off. Additionally, adjusting other settings, like anti-aliasing to low, can further enhance the visual clarity. You may also experiment with your game settings to see what works best with your setup. If you want our recommendation, you may try the following settings: 

• Motion blur = off. 
  • Depth of Field = off 
  • Anti-Aliasing = Low
  • Geometry Detail: Medium
  • Vegetation = Low/Medium
  • Decals = Low/Medium
  • Direct lighting is medium.
  • Indirect lighting = low/medium
  • Shadow Quality = Low/Medium
  • Reflection Quality: Medium
  • Volumetric Effects = Low/Medium
  • AntiAliasing = Medium
  • Global Quality Preset = Custom
  • Depth of Field = ON

Let us know if there are any changes after trying these steps. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek,

How are you doing? Are the artifacts still present after trying our recommendation in the previous post? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Petr_Bruzek
New Contributor I

Hello, yes, as I wrote in my first message and as you wrote in your reply, deactivating motion blur makes the artifacts disappear. So I play the game with the blur deactivated. But even after updating to newer graphics drivers, the blur artifacts still appear. I don't need to deal with it because I don't play the game that much. However, I pointed it out because this graphical anomaly is similar to the "black cubes" issue I previously addressed in BeamNG, which still hasn't been resolved. It's been addressed by both the game designers and you. It has remained in a deadlock where the developers are not communicating with me and you are waiting for their comments. Unfortunately.
I was hoping that maybe resolving the anomalies with Mafia DE would resolve the anomalies in BeamNG. But solutions like : "turn off this and this" won't solve the problem. So let's leave it at that, I'll accept it I've been solving this for over a month (maybe two) and I'm tired of it.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

Thank you for your continued patience and for providing updates on the situation. It's understandable that the persistence of these graphical issues, despite the deactivation of motion blur and updating graphics drivers, can be quite frustrating. Your efforts to highlight the similarities between the anomalies in Mafia DE and BeamNG are appreciated, as they could potentially point to a broader underlying issue.

While turning off certain features may serve as a temporary workaround, it's clear that this does not constitute a permanent solution to the problem.

In the meantime, if you choose to set this issue aside, that is completely understandable given the time and effort you've already invested. Your well-being and enjoyment of your gaming experience are of utmost importance.

Rest assured, we are actively looking into the issue and will keep this thread updated with any new developments. If you have any more questions or come across other concerns, we're here to help. Thank you once again for your valuable input.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

I want to let you know that our team is currently investigating the issue. I am sending this post as we have heard reports regarding the Sequel of Mafia 2: Definitive Edition experiencing graphical issues which were resolved by the graphics driver 31.0.101.5444. Since Mafia 2: Definitive Edition and Mafia: Definitive Edition have the same game engine, were you able to install the driver 31.0.101.5444 or the latest 31.0.101.5445 WHQL Certified (Latest)? 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Petr_Bruzek
New Contributor I

Hey, thanks for the message. I just updated the driver as per your recommendation and the problem is almost unnoticeable. So it's still there, but almost not

Great work and thank you

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

Thank you for reporting this result to us. I am happy to hear that you were able to see improvements with Artifacts in Mafia: Definitive Edition. Since the issue is still there, it is best if I coordinate this with our team to try and completely resolve it for you. If you can share with us a screenshot or a short recording of the display that you are seeing with the latest driver update, it would be extremely helpful with our investigation. If you want us to close this case, we will totally understand and respect your decision as well. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

I am just checking in if you can share with us a screenshot or a short recording of the display that you are seeing with the latest driver update. Feel free to share it in my post. I will be waiting. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Petr_Bruzek
New Contributor I

Hello, I am sending 2 videos below. The first is motionblur ON and the second OFF. In the OFF video the picture is great. When I change the settings to ON, it is much better than the old version of the drivers. I would probably not troubleshoot any further. I'm more concerned about the constant "black cubes" on the road in BeamNG. But I'll make a new post on that. Later.

Just a reminder, these are artifacts on the rear bumper of the vehicle in view.

Thank you very much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfODbjwbDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TuGiWk4nwI

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Petr_Bruzek, 

We sincerely appreciate your cooperation throughout this process. Despite the challenges we've faced, your contributions have been invaluable. We totally understand and respect your decision cease troubleshooting but rest assured if you need us, we will be there for you. For now, we will be on the lookout on the new thread that you will create. In the meantime, we will stop monitoring and proceed in closing this thread.  We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos