Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1639 Discussions

Auto HDR broken on Valorant

Bandit8623
New Contributor II

Hello,

with auto hdr on i can't see my mouse cursor when ingame.  this has been this way for the last year on all drivers.  i figured ill report it at this point.

when i had my 2070 rtx card auto hdr was fine and i could see my mouse cursor.

ssu report attached.

i have ddu'd drivers many times as well. no change

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bandit8623

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We want to delve deeper into this concern. To do so, we kindly ask for this details:

1. Please install the latest graphics driver version 31.0.101.5382. After doing so, let us know if there any changes with the performance in your system.
2. Please share your current graphic quality settings in Valorant (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), and attempt adjusting these settings to see if there are any enhancements.
3. Just to confirm, which of these is your current game resolution (1920x1080, 3840x2160)? When you try other resolution, are there any improvements?
4. Are your HDR settings currently enabled?

Feel free to reply in my post with this information. I will be waiting! Thank you.

Ramyer M.
Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

Bandit8623_0-1711168493465.png

seems if inverted is selected the issue persists.  if regular is selected its fine.  any other game i play doesnt have this issue.  also didnt have this issue with nvidia rtx.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bandit8623

Thank you for posting in the communities. We will be coordinating this with our team for now and keep this thread posted for updates. 

Ramyer M. 

RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bandit8623,

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with my team we have some troubleshooting steps that we would like for you to try and fix the issue:

1. Restart the Game: Sometimes, simply quitting Valorant by pressing ALT+F4 and restarting the game can fix the problem 
  2. Run as Administrator: Exit the game and then run it as an administrator by right-clicking on its icon and selecting the Run As Administrator option.
  3. Update Mouse Driver: If the issue persists, consider updating your mouse driver through the Device Manager in Windows
  4. Toggle HDR Off and On: Sometimes, simply turning off HDR and then turning it back on can resolve display issues.
  5. Check Game Settings: Within Valorant, ensure that all display settings are configured correctly for HDR.

If the issue still persists after doing so, kindly please share the following details: 

1. While playing Valorant, which display mode do you select: Fullscreen, Windowed Fullscreen, or Windowed?
  2. Could you please tell us the brand and model of your monitor?
  3. Does the mouse pointer appear correctly when HDR is disabled?
  4. What type of video cable are you currently using?
  5. Have you had the chance to test the game with an alternative mouse?

I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you!

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

@RamyerM_Intel 

sorry for the delay.

1. Restart the Game: Sometimes, simply quitting Valorant by pressing ALT+F4 and restarting the game can fix the problem 

restarting game doesnt help

1. Run as Administrator: Exit the game and then run it as an administrator by right-clicking on its icon and selecting the Run As Administrator option.

tried this no change

1. Update Mouse Driver: If the issue persists, consider updating your mouse driver through the Device Manager in Windows

ive used 3 diff mice no change

1. Toggle HDR Off and On: Sometimes, simply turning off HDR and then turning it back on can resolve display issues.

hdr off its fine.  the issue wioth auto hdr on.  with nvidia card this issue doesnt persist with all other hardware the same

1. Check Game Settings: Within Valorant, ensure that all display settings are configured correctly for HDR.

Valorant doesnt have any hdr settings

-----

If the issue still persists after doing so, kindly please share the following details: 

1. While playing Valorant, which display mode do you select: Fullscreen, Windowed Fullscreen, or Windowed?

fullscreen

1. Could you please tell us the brand and model of your monitor?

32" Odyssey G7 Curved Gaming Monitor (240Hz)

1. Does the mouse pointer appear correctly when HDR is disabled?

yes

1. What type of video cable are you currently using?

display port 1.4 came with monitor.  hdr works fine in every other game

1. Have you had the chance to test the game with an alternative mouse?

yes 3 diff mice.  the cursor is just invisable in the menus.  

----

im attaching a direct recording using arc .  realtime ik cant see the crosshair.  but the recording software records the mouse.

also attaching vid of what i see.  cant see my crosshair.

this is only happening with the inverted crosshair settiong enabled. pic below.  with inverted off mouse shows up fin with hdr enabled.

Bandit8623_0-1712279583405.png

thanks

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bandit8623, 

I am just checking in if the above troubleshooting worked for you. Kindly please let me know if you encounter any issues or if you need further help and we will be there to assist you. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bandit8623

Thank you for sharing us the video and trying the steps we have recommended. I will proceed in coordinating this back with our team so we can try to find a resolution with the issue that you are having when playing with Valorant. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bandit8623

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We want to delve deeper into this concern. To do so, we kindly ask for this details:

1. Please install the latest graphics driver version 31.0.101.5382. After doing so, let us know if there any changes with the performance in your system.
2. Please share your current graphic quality settings in Valorant (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), and attempt adjusting these settings to see if there are any enhancements.
3. Just to confirm, which of these is your current game resolution (1920x1080, 3840x2160)? When you try other resolution, are there any improvements?
4. Are your HDR settings currently enabled?

Feel free to reply in my post with this information. I will be waiting! Thank you.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

the latest driver seems to have fixed this.  or a game update .1440p is the res @ 240hz hdr enabled.

but anyways its working now i can see my mouse in the main menu.

thank you

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bandit8623, 

I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved with the driver 31.0.101.5382. We will be closing your case with us for now. Should you need further assistance in the future, feel free to create a new post as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos