Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1532 Discussions

Can't wake monitor after going to sleep

Cygnus
Beginner

Hi I recently purchased an Intel Arc A770 and have been enjoying the experience so far, however there is one issue that bugs me and actually affects my workflow.  When my monitors go to sleep the graphics card is unable to wake up my monitor connected via HDMI, the power light on the monitor will switch from 'standby' to 'active' while my other two monitors flash as the windows are re-arranged.  Along with this the Intel Arc Control panel will pop up with notifications that something has changed and it will do this ad nauseum until I hold down the power button on the HDMI connected monitor to power it off and then power it back on, only then will things start working.

This has been an issue with the three different set of drivers that I've tested, is there any fix for this?

Thank you!

Software

OS Version: 21H2

OS Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Intel Arc Control: 1.61.4387.4

Driver Version: 31.0.101.4032

Hardware

Intel ARC A770 LE 16GB

Intel Core i7 8700k

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming (Re-Bar Enabled)

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (X.M.P. Enabled)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
Andres_Intel

Hello Cygnus, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.

I am sorry to hear that your computer does not resume from sleep, please answer the following questions to have a better understanding:

• Take a video of the issue.
  • Download, run, save and attach the report for the following tool Intel® System Support Utility for Windows (SSU) on the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-sysstem-support-utility-for-windows.html

You can find the steps on the link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Cygnus
Beginner

Hello Andres,

Thank you so much for reaching back out!  Attached is the log called: SSU_Logs_011323.txt

In the attached video file, VideoError.mp4 , I performed the following steps:

1. Set the power and sleep settings to turn the screens off after 1 minute
  2. Waited for this time to elapse and then the system starts dinging to alert a change in hardware detection (Sound came through kind of quiet but you can hear it if you turn up the volume)
  3. I then moved the mouse to wake the monitors, here you can see it trying to wake the HDMI connected screen but it cannot
  4. Only when I power off the HDMI monitor on the left and power it back on does the graphics card sort this issue out

Like I said this is a new issue since getting the Intel Arc A770 and maybe it is something specific to HDMI as the other two monitors are connected via DisplayPort and don't exhibit the same issues.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you!

-Cygnus

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Cygnus,

Thank you for your response. It was really helpful

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

• Which are the three graphics driver versions you have tested?
  • Update Windows to version 22H2.
  • Just for testing download the graphics driver 31.0.101.4032 on:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

After download the driver perform a clean installation, for guidance, you can access on:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphicshtml

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Cygnus
Beginner

Hello Andres,

Thank you for the troubleshooting steps but I'm still experiencing the issues after following your instructions.  I looked for a driver listing on the download page but it seems the earlier drivers are no longer present, so these are the drivers I know of plus whichever one was available around 12/8:

Thank you!

-Cygnus

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Cygnus, 

Thank you for your response. 

I noticed you have not tested the latest graphics driver BETA version, for that, please follow the steps below:

• Update driver to version 31.0.101.4034.

Download:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windows.html

Installation Steps Method 2:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Cygnus
Beginner

Hi Andres,

Unfortunately even after upgrading to 31.0.101.4034 the issue still persists.

Thank you!

-Cygnus

0 Kudos
Helloworld21
Beginner

I have the same symptoms as you. Please provide a bug patch from Intel as soon as possible. Windows sleep mode does not apply to intel Arc graphiccard and cannot be released from sleep mode with any keys, so I am restarting Windows by forcefully shutting down.

0 Kudos
VilleH
Novice

Same problem here. Also with the new 4090 beta driver.

0 Kudos
VilleH
Novice

Quickly tested and with the new .4091 driver the problem seems to be solved.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
DonGreer
Beginner

Can I get that driver at <link removed>
Thanks

0 Kudos
VilleH
Novice

Hi,
Now the monitor doesn't wake up again.

SSU attached.

Regards,
-VilleH

0 Kudos
VilleH
Novice

Here is also the graphics report.

0 Kudos
VilleH
Novice

Sorry for spamming, but I have tested now couple of times and now it works again...

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Cygnus,

Thank you for your response. 

To provide you with accurate information I will investigate this issue.

@Helloworld21 thank you for letting us know that you have the same.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Cygnus,

Thank you for all the information and feedback provided.

We still working on the investigation, for further research answer the following questions:

• Are you using a display adapter or docking station? If so what is the make and model?
  • What is the make and model of the three monitors?

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
DonGreer
Beginner
I have the same issue with 1 monitor. When I boot windows , I see the bios screen then load s windows 10 then to sleep mode before I get windows login screen..
Unplug hdmi and plug back in awakens the windows login screen .
Hope this helps to find solution.
0 Kudos
Cygnus
Beginner

Hi Andres and apologies for the delay.

There are no docking stations or adapters in play, the closest I have is a DisplayPort to DVI cable otherwise the other two are connected via HDMI and DisplayPort cables.

HP 2311x -- Connected via HDMI (The one that won't wake up)

Acer Nitro VG271U -- Connected via DisplayPort

ViewSonic VX2250 -- Connected via DisplayPort to DVI cable

Thank you!

-Cygnus

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Cygnus,

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful. 

We will continue with the investigation, as soon we have new details we will keep you updated. 

@DonGreer thank you for letting us know that you have the same issue.

Regards,

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
DonGreer
Beginner
I'd like to know how long this issue will take to resolve and is this a driver issue or hardware.
0 Kudos