Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1598 Discussions

DXVA brightness/colour issue

Attakorn
Beginner

Hi there,

I just got myself an A380! Today I found that when a play an h.264 video using media player classic, the image would look weird - like the brightness seems too bright and the colour contrast is wrong somehow. I tried a bunch of things and seem to have found that DXVA is at fault. So here's what I did:

1. Changed DirectShow Video Renderer to Video Mixing Renderer 9 (renderless) and that solved the issue.

2. Changed DirectShow Video Renderer to madVR. Initially the issue will occur but when I go into madVR's settings, under 'rendering' then 'trade quality for performance' and uncheck 'use DXVA chroma upscaling when doing native DXVA decoding', the issue is resolved.

3. In madVR's settings, 'scaling algorithms' then 'image downscaling', if I choose 'DXVA2' and I resize the video to a smaller size than its original resolution, the brightness immediately jumps up. 

4. In madVR's settings, 'scaling algorithms' then 'image upscaling', if I choose 'DXVA2' and I resize the video to a larger size than its original resolution, the brightness immediately jumps up as well.

I'm not sure why this is happening, perhaps a driver issue with DXVA or some unsupported DXVA API so I thought I'd post it here incase others come across the same issue and incase someone at Intel sees this and can produce a fix!

Cheers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Attakorn

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to use Media Player Classic.

In order to assist with this issue, please let us know the following information:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the log file.
  2. Attach screenshots or a short showing the issue.
  3. Does this issue also happen on different media players?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Attakorn
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

I came across another problem: the graphics card refused to output to 3 monitors so I had to switch to a Quadro T400 so unfortunately I won't be able to send you the logs or take screenshots for you sorry! Yes, if I remember correctly, it did happen on all media players that uses DXVA, the ones that didn't (I think Windows Media Player?) worked fine.

Here's what I ran just incase it helps you reproduce the problem:

Intel i7-3770

Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS

16GB DDR2-800

ASRock Intel Arc A380

Windows 10 Pro (19045)

MPC-HC (64-bit) v1.9.24

Regards,

Attakorn S.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Attakorn

We apologize for the delay in our initial response. We understand that you have replaced your Intel® Arc™ A380 with an Nvidia Graphics Card. In this case, since the Intel® Arc™ GPU is no longer available for troubleshooting we will document all of the valuable information that you have provided us about this issue and close this thread. Do not hesitate to contact us back if you run into any other issues.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos