Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1702 Discussions

Discord is not using my ARC card for even h.264 encoding

jibbawatt
Beginner

The title says it all.

When streaming with hardware acceleration on in video options in discord, my ARC card just doesn't get used and you can tell by the stream, and by CPU use, that it us purely doing CPU encoding.

Keep in mind I am not talking about AV1. I know Discord only has support for NVIDIA cards there, I am just talking simple h.264.

Side note:
I can use GPU encoding fine in handbreak and OBS. They both use the ARC card fine and encode on the GPU without issue. It's only discord that seems to ignore it.

Cheers,

Jibba

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello jibbawatt

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites.

We would like to get a couple more details so we can help you troubleshoot and so we can take a further look into this issue. Please share with us a short video showing the performance tab from Task Manager and the "video decode 1" graph which will show us if the GPU is being used for encoding if you can also show the Intel Arc Control Telemetry(ALT+O) it would be even better.

Also, we would like to get a report from the Intel® System Support Utility so we can check your system specs and details.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello jibbawatt

Please share with us the details we requested in our previous post including the video or screenshots showing the issue as well as the report of your system details.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello jibbawatt

We have not received the information we need to help you with this issue so we will proceed to close this thread. If you have further questions or are still experiencing this problem fell free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos