Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

Dual Monitoring : Better with or without iGPU ?

Radbod
New Contributor I

Ive got a 770LE and an intel Core i5 12400 with UHD 730 iGPU

I activatet the iGPU and connected my secondary Monitor to it. Would it be better to just deactivate the iGPU and put both Monitors to the Main Card ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Radbod, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to your inquiry, yes, either way, using the iGPU or the Intel® card should work with no problems in order to connect the second monitor. On this topic, it is important to take into consideration as well the fact that the processor, besides containing the iGPU, also supports or does different tasks/instructions related to the overall performance of the computer. On the other hand, the Intel® card is a component completely dedicated to graphics tasks that also should provide optimal functionality for the monitors in question. 

Any questions, please let me know. 

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Radbod, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Radbod, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos