Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1645 Discussions

Extremely Poor Apex Legends Performance

somearcbs
Beginner

Hello there,

I recently had purchased an Arc A750 to replace my RX 480 that had died recently, it appears that the video card functions fine and I have had success playing Overwatch 2 and Warzone 2 at acceptable frame rates.

However, to state that this 300$ card is an upgrade over my RX 480 is a laughable lie. One game in particular (Apex Legends) **bleep**s all over the A750, it is just a pathetic and miserable experience. It appears that the card is unable to be utilised at above 60%, usually bouncing between 40-60% which results in low and inconsistent framerates.

I have scoured the internet for advice and tips, really anything that would even help slightly, but information is scarce as not many people bought these gpus and with the few corresponding posts I found it is just people complaining of the same issue with no fix. Interestingly, searching for some benchmarks on YouTube, it appears that some people are capable of scoring high framerate with these gpus but there were also plenty of other benchmarks also showcasing the same poor performance. 

What FIXES the issue is forcing Apex Legends to launch in its experimental DX12 mode, but that is way too buggy with 1FPS main menu taking forever to do anything as well as being highly tempremental with constant crashing. INTERESTINGLY, going into the Firing Range appears to utilise the GPU more on DX11 & DX12 yielding very playable performance, so this issue seems to be only caused in Battle Royale maybe due to an excessive number of assets.

I thought that this might be caused due to a CPU bottleneck, but I HIGHLY doubt that this is the case as I have one of the faster processors on the market as well as the fact that every other game I tried seems to work fine, so I am convinced that it is a driver issue more than anything else.

Apex is built from the source engine and looking at several benchmarks from these cards it seems to really STRUGGLE with anything related to the Source engine, but after seeing them fix CSGO I really thought I would be able to play Apex lmao.

PC SPECS:

3300X@4.5GHz

Arc A750

16GB RAM @2933MHz

Corsair 550W

GAME BUG RUBRIC:

-Does your system meet the game’s minimum system requirements? YES

-Did you already installed the Intel Graphics Driver latest release found at Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers? YES

-Please provide your system information: ATTACHED

-Please describe your issue as accurately as possible: Low GPU utilisation specifically in Apex Legends (between 40-60%) causing poor and inconsistent performance. ALSO, lowering resolution causes the GPU to be utilised even less causing even worse performance.

-What distribution service did you get the game from? STEAM

-Please provide the game's graphic/video settings when the issue occurs: 1920x1080, VSYNC OFF, Fullscreen and Borderless Window were tested, TSAA, Insane (8GB) Texture Budget, 16X Filtering, HIGH Models, HIGH Effects, everything else turned to their lowest setting or disabled.

-Please let us know which game API was been used when the issue occurred: DX11

-Please provide steps to replicate the issue: Launch the game and go load into a Battle Royale game.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello somearcbs,

We understand your frustration regarding the issues you are experiencing.

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello somearcbs,

We appreciate your patience.

This issue has been reproduced internally, and we are working on a solution. The driver developer team under bug ID 13010326423. Unfortunately, we cannot commit to an ETA or share more details since this requires further effort on our side.

Based on these, we would like to confirm if you agree with closing the thread.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello somearcbs,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos