Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1612 Discussions

[FAQ?] ARC control has wrongly identified the ARC adapter if another brand of Gfx adapter installed?

Cyanryaku1
Novice

Capture.PNG

I installed ARC 770 16G adapter on the main PCI-e x16 and installed another nVidia (ASUS) RTX 2060 Super adapter  on another PCI-e x8 (or x16, not sure)

Then I plugged both adapters with display monitors. Windows can find two displays and then work as duplicate mode or extended mode (ARC 770 identified as display 1, and RTX 2060S idenified as display 2)

Then I set Windows to use display 2 as primary display only (This means, display 1 will be turned off when it entered the Windows, i.e., ARC 770 will not be used as Windows display)

Then I used the RTX2060S as the only display and run Windows desktop. And then install and run ARC 770 driver and control (Meanwhile, I also install nVidia's GeForce Experience Driver)

After reboot the Windows, and run ARC control utility, it shows strange adapter name on it. and it cannot be changed (I supposed this ARC tool are smart enough to change the adapters it found, but I am wrong, it cannot change what it found)

it only show the primary display I am using now even it is not ARC 770. Interestingly, ARC control tool still can monitor those performance sensors.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Cyanryaku1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Intel® Arc™ Control Software.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Does the same issue happen if you remove the Nvidia GPU and only use your Intel® Arc™ A770?
  • Does the issue persist if you use set Windows to use the monitor connected to the Intel® Arc™ A770 (display 1) instead of display 2?
  • What driver and Arc™ Control version have you installed?
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Cyanryaku1,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Cyanryaku1,

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Cyanryaku1,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

Before closing the case, we would like to let you know that we are already investigating this issue; for now, we can confirm it is 100% aesthetic. The telemetry data displayed is for the Arc card and not the 3rd party, so it is just the header title showing the incorrect product.

Unfortunately, we cannot commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver.

Best regards.

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Cyanryaku1,

I will now close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

0 Kudos