Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1802 Discussions

Frequent System Crashes on A770

Saveno
New Contributor I

Good day,

i got my A770 a bit more than a week ago, but i have frequent issues with complete system crashes where i first hear that usual error buzzing sound and then my PC just restarts. It happens at random times and there doesn't seem to be anything that "triggers" it.

My System:

Ryzen 5600x (ReBar enabled)

B450M PRO-M2 MAX

A770 FE

32 GB Ram

500 Watt PSU

My first theory was that my PSU might be too weak, but don't think that this is it.

1. i can sometimes play for hours or even a whole day without a single system crash even tho the GPU is running at 190W all the time.

2. it happened after going down to 150W too.

3. I have done Futuremark Stress Test without a crash. Also kept Hogwarts Legacy on for hours and my System didnt crash.

I also did other "stress tests" to check if the crash might happens if the CPU and GPU use too much Watt together but everything was stable. Like here i ran a game in the background while also running a CPU Benchmark .

Its also not the GPU overheating as it doesnt even reach 90°.

I have replugged the GPU to check if everything sits correctly, used DDU to remove all display drivers and installed the Arc drivers again.

Also tried the beta drivers as well as the latest driver that just came out.

System crashes happened while playing Diablo 4, Hogwarts Legacy and while using Stable Diffusion and the Blue Protocol Benchmark Software.

Has anyone an idea what could be causing it? Could it be a technical defect and should i return the card?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
lunakid
Beginner

I also encountered the same problem, I upgraded the CPU to 13500 also did not improve (before the use of 8700K), is the driver is not good enough to cause instability?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing frequent system crashes.

Based on the information you provided, we agree with your statement that the issue can be caused by the power supply. It is important to add that it as per our system requirements, we recommend a minimum 600W power supply with two PCIe power connectors – 1x8-pin & 1x6-pin. We recommend you test with a power supply that meets the requirements.

Also, for testing purposes, you can try a clean driver installation for our latest production driver, 31.0.101.4255. Doing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

Thanks for your response. I've reset and updated my Bios yesterday and ever since i have not experienced a single crash. If it happens again i will upgrade my PSU but for now everything seems to be fine.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello lunakid,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please submit a new question on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno,

Thanks for the information provided

We are glad to know that your system hasn't crashed since you updated and reset the BIOS. We would keep this thread open for a few days just to confirm if you face the crashes again. Do not hesitate on letting us know if you face the issue one more time.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

It happened again, but i believe that this time i figured out what is causing it. It sounds a bit crazy however.

It seems to happen every time im either using Photoshop and/or After Effects and then start playing games. I know it sounds very random, but at this point im very sure that editing software is the cause. I played games for days and nothing happened. Then as soon as i used any editing software my system crashed a few minutes after i started playing something again, even when i have already closed these programs.

I already wanted to reply a few days ago but it simply sounded "too crazy" that this could be the cause. Now that it happened again yesterday and today under the same circumstances. I used Photoshop for a few minutes > closed it > started a game > system crash. After the crash it never happens again unless i use any editing software.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno,

We appreciate the information provided.

As we mentioned previously, we would like to recommend trying a different Powe Supply that meets the system requirements for your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics (600W). Let us know if you may have an inconvenience trying this suggestion.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Saveno
New Contributor I

Hello, sorry for the late reply, but until yesterday i didn't get the chance to try another PSU. It does not solve the issue however.

After doing some more reserach however, i have noticed that every time my system resets, Microsoft GameInput has an event at the exact same time.

Unbenannt.jpg

After doing some Google research i found that this seems to be a common issue. I have for now disabled the GameInput Service and will report back if it fixes the problem. I feel like it is still connected to the GPU change however but maybe it was just a coincidence that it started happening right after i installed the Arc 770.

0 Kudos