Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1717 Discussions

Intel Arc Control software impressions and suggestions

Voork
New Contributor I

Dear Intel developers of the Arc Control software,

I want to share with you my impressions and suggestions about your software because I think it could be improved significantly on the side of usability, and simplicity. Let it be known, I am no developer nor a programmer or have any skill in that regard.

Simplicity
First, let me share with you my impressions of the software. I think it is a mess to be blunt and here is why:

There are too many features in it already and some of them do not even work properly. I understand coming out with a big bang to impress and attract people but I think that you should have gone the way of simplicity. Remember when Geforce Experience started all it had was a Home and a Driver tab that was it and it worked perfectly. The interface is not intuitive nor follows certain standards which most people are accustomed to. The UI color choices and overall design is not appealing to me, and settings are spread all over the place.

Home Tab:

there is none, you could easily add a home button that would present the ARC GPUs and other upcoming Intel products, progresses, events, failures, tips, How tos with short Youtube videos, videos of gameplays performed on the ARCs, known issues, discontinued support of old products, benchmarks, the stuff you work on, Other software you sponsor, partnerships, etc.

Driver Tab:

Fine so far, you have all the basics but one thing that is missing is information. Info about the drivers, bug fixes, added games or software support, known GPU issues like coil whine, known software and driver issues, critical updates, issues you are working on, upcoming software releases, etc. The driver tab is really where you guys should shine. This needs to be perfect. This tab is the main reason why this software exists. By looking at this tab people should know, driver speaking, where they are, and what is going on.
Intel Driver & Support assistant should be integrated.

Game Tab:

It's weird. You created icons that get bigger when we mouse over them but we have to specifically click the settings box for it to do anything, please simplify it by removing the setting box and making the whole game logo clickable. Add the ability to remove/delete manually added games. Settings are also weird, I think that you should use the same standards as anyone else for example Frame delivery tab in which there is a setting called Tearing mitigation mode!? with a drop-down menu... It is V-Sync. just call it V-sync... simple. When we use settings for a specific game we shouldn't have to turn off Global settings, an exclusion should be made by the software for this specific game.

Performance Tab:

Almost perfect but you forgot the most important info of all which are FPS and others related to it. FPS lows, high and average. I like the Intel performance telemetry overlay and here are one or two suggestions to make it better, an opacity toggle to adjust transparency, add FPS also and the ability to change font size and color, also add some cool fonts. In the live performance monitoring window and the graphs, scrolling with the mouse wheel is clunky and doesn't work well, and In the metrics setting the graph buttons and checkboxes don't seem to do anything. In performance tuning, fan control, adjusting fan curves, etc. would be a nice addition. Intel ARC RGB controller should be integrated into the performance tab and not in separate software.

Studio Tab:

I do not know much about this except one fact. Softwares such as OBS, Steam, Discord, etc. already are or have such capabilities and it seems superfluous to me but what do I know perhaps others enjoy it.
Notifications panel:
It is simple enough, except I would have liked a toggle to switch notifications on or off directly on that panel. Or perhaps just integrate with Windows notifications.

Customization menu panel:

I like the possibility to turn on or off things we need or do not need. One thing though I think it is in the wrong place. (more on this below)

Settings panel:

First, system info should be in the performance tab and/or the driver tab, and global game settings should be in the game tab. Technical info should be in its own tab on the left (more on this below). About should be accessible by clicking the Intel ARC logo at the bottom left. App Preferences should just be called General settings and the customization panel should be added to this tab. In the App settings, the studio settings there should be in the Studio tab.

(Technical support panel):

Should be in a stand-alone tab. The settings in there are fine.
Here is what I think should be added:
Intel System support utility should be integrated as a plugin and also made accessible through the driver tab.
The ability to record and send to intel Windows events files to help with crashes, debugging, etc.
I think this software should be renamed Intel System Control and remade to also include CPUs and other Intel products a bit like the Logitech software or Geforce experience to include anything and everything about Intel products.

Lastly, for fan control, I suggest if you plan to add it that you check out this software because it is just fantastic and it got everything one could hope, for fan control.
The software is called FANCONTROL and here is a link:
Home - Fan Control (getfancontrol.com)

I hope this helps.
Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Voork

Thank you for your patience. We want to let you know that all the feedback you provided has been documented and passed to the corresponding team to be taken into consideration. Once again we want to thank you for the great ideas and valuable feedback you provided on this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Voork

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. We really appreciate all the feedback that you have provided on your post as it is pretty detailed and help us improve our products based on the customer's needs.

Please allow me to pass on this information to the corresponding team,, once done, I will post back to let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Voork

Thank you for your patience. We want to let you know that all the feedback you provided has been documented and passed to the corresponding team to be taken into consideration. Once again we want to thank you for the great ideas and valuable feedback you provided on this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Voork

I see that you marked the thread as resolved. Since there are no further questions we will proceed to close this thread. Do not hesitate in opening a new topic if you have further questions or feedback to share. Thank you for posting and for your continued support of Intel® Arc™.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos