Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1614 Discussions

Games report DX11 issues!

Peacemaker2
Beginner

While I would love to praise Intel for the performance of their Arc series GPU, I can't. It has only made my PC wonky and unreliable.

To stay on the main Topic, my games keep reporting me that I need a GPU that supports DX11. My PC has the newest windows updates and driver updates. Yet many of my beloved games only give me an error message upon trying to start. I have looked through the forum and am saddened by the lack of activity from Intels side. It almost feels as if the only response one get's is a copy and paste.

While I want to support Intel on this new route, I can't with such support and hardware. While I would like to speak for the community, I can't. Yet I will still speak my mind. We need fixes, and that promptly, otherwise the Intel GPU won't survive for long. The fact that there is such a big and unresolved problem with DX11 just makes me lose hope.

I bought this GPU in the hopes of achieving better performance for newer titles, but instead I got a product that crashes half of my steam library, 1/4th don't even start. I hope for a response that doesn't just tell me the standard clean installation. I want an honest opinion on what may be the problem that my GPU is seemingly unable to start DX11 games.

A lot of games that work, work only one time as well. Nioh 2 is the perfect example. When I restart my PC, and I mean a clean restart, I can launch it no problem. If I just leave t in standby for even a minute, I can not launch the game anymore as it crashes seconds after starting up.

The second problem is that my mouse and my controller now also behave weirdly. My mouse I can just chalk up to age and a lot of clicking, but my controller I just can't. My controller button-layout was changed ever since installing the ARC Drivers. So whenever I start a game, it is confusing and discouraging when my layout doesn't match what I see on screen. I have tried to fix it, but it just is not working.

My old GPU, a Radeon Rx560 was able to start all of the games in my Library, and that GPU came out in the year 2017. It is a bitter fact, but I have more games with a bit less performance with a GPU that is a whole 5 years older than my new Intel ARC GPU. It feels like I wasted over 400€. Please do resolve this as fast as possible or I will have to either send it back or sell it, as I am just unable to continue using this GPU.

I am at the end of my rope with what I can do. I tried many fixes I found in this forum and all across the web, but the only thing that changed was that my frustration with Intel grows. I hope for a swift response that may open me paths I haven't seen, read, or heard before. I mean no hate or anything, I am simply asking for help with a problem that frustrates me to no end.

If this problem can be resolved I would love to leave a good review on this GPU as it has improved performance with my newest titles, but with the current state of the driver, this seems not possible.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Peacemaker2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand you are frustrated due to the issues you are experiencing, and you have multiple steps to try and resolve the issue.

Since you mentioned that you had another graphics card installed in your system, we want to recommend you use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU); this tool will uninstall all previous graphics drivers and all leftovers (including registry keys, folders, and files, driver store). You can check the following article for the steps to use the software.

In case the issue persists, we would like to further investigate this matter. Please provide us with the following:

• What are the games showing the error message?
  • What are the games distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect).
  • Provide us with a screenshot of the error message you receive.
  • To gather more information about your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue, please, provide us with a report using the following programs:
    •  Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

• Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Peacemaker2,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Peacemaker2,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos