Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1613 Discussions

Arc A770 fan won't go higher than 1350RPM when tuning any settings in the Arc Control Panel

TheWonderfulPie
New Contributor I

I found this really strange issue where when I change anything in the card's performance in the Arc Control Panel (like making the card's limit 1°C lower, or 5W higher), it will limit the fan to around 1350RPM. The only fix I found is to reboot, and not touch anything in the Arc Control Panel

TheWonderfulPie_0-1679398208654.png

When stressing the GPU

TheWonderfulPie_1-1679398428932.png

When at idle (don't worry about the "spacedesk Graphics Adapter", the issue was already there before installing spacedesk)

I have all my drivers up to date, and I linked the System Support Assist scan results in the post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that when doing changes in the Intel Arc Control Panel, the fan speed won't go higher than 1350RPM

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie,

We appreciate your patience.

We would like to add that we have replicated this issue internally, and we are working on a fix for this problem. We advise you to wait a bit longer and stay tuned for further driver updates.

To void duplicate efforts, we will close this thread now. If you need additional information, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos