Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1831 Discussions

Gears of War Ultimate Edition abysmal performance

AI_Legion
Beginner

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition runs poorly, and I was wondering if this is a problem that could be addressed at some point by the driver team?

System is an ARC A770 16GB Acer Predator BiFrost, and a 12900KF, so the game should run acceptably on this system, considering the D3D12 API.

The game will randomly drop 80% of the framerate. This seems to be completely arbitrary, and has no DeFacto trigger.

To preface this I understand that this game is VERY poorly optimized on all hardware, but there has to be SOMETHING you folks can do to improve the experience, yeah?

SSU logs are attached below.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello AI_Legion,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To get a better understanding of the issue and be able to provide an effective recommendation, please provide the missing key information here:

1. Is the issue only happening on this specific game or are there any other games/applications that gets the same issue?
  2. Please provide your power supply make/model/specifications.

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello AI_Legion,

Good day!

I'm following up to check whether you have had the chance to review our prior correspondence. I am still waiting for the additional information to properly isolate the issue and be able to provide an accurate fix.

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
AI_Legion
Beginner

This is the only game that has this particular issue, but through testing with other video cards installed in other systems, the issue seems to be with the game, not the hardware.

I have a CoolerMaster 850W Gold PSU, both power input plugs are isolated to their own PCIE cables from the PSU.

I don't actually think there's a lot that can be done here in my opinion, game is just very poorly optimized on all hardware.

I was hoping the driver team could analyze the performance of this specific title to see if there was anything that could be done to improve the user experience.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello AI_Legion,

Thank you for sharing this update. It's good that you have isolated the issue to be game-related, however, you might want to check the newly released drivers from our Download Center, version 32.0.101.5762.

Let us know if you have any other questions to concerns that we can still help you with. 

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello AI_Legion,

I just hope to know if you were able to try the newly released drivers from our Download Center, version 32.0.101.5762.

Additionally, our team will be conducting a further investigation into this issue. To replicate the problem on our end, I need to gather additional information below:

1. Could you please share a screenshot of the game settings to help us replicate the issue more accurately?

2. Can you confirm whether the game is Gears of War: Ultimate Edition or Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10? This information is essential for us to download the correct version for replication.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello AI_Legion,

I hope you had a great weekend.

I'm still waiting for an update and eager to know if you were able to try the newly released drivers from our Download Center, version 32.0.101.5762, as I suggested. I'm also waiting for the additional details so we can further check on this.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello AI_Legion,

I have not received any response in the past few days, so I will now proceed in closing this thread.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

JeanetteC.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos