Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1684 Discussions

Graphics Command Center Not Maintaining "Vividness" Settings

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Intel,

I've noticed starting with the 4575 drivers (BETA and WHQL), IGCC would not maintain my desired vividness settings upon boot/restart of my PC. The result I would get are my desired vividness settings (value of 65) before shortly resetting to default (value of 50). I can see the changes occurring right at the lock screen of my PC upon boot/restart. The lock screen colors would be vibrant before falling dull. When I was on the 4502 WHQL drivers, the lock screen would boot up dull before becoming vibrant. Now the situation is reversed. I have also tried the 4576 beta drivers, yet I still receive the same results. In order to restore my desired vivid values, I click on either - or +. Then the colors restore to the values I originally set. Also, I have Windows 11 HDR settings enabled. I have tried to take proper screenshots, but they are only showing SDR and not HDR.

I hope this can be fixed in an update. I hope this is the right forum. If it is not, please let me know the proper forum(s) and I will post this issue there. Thank you for taking the time to view this thread.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,  

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that we have replicated the issue in our LAB and we are aware of and working on the issue, there is currently no ETA, but rest assured we are working on it. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

25 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Graphics Command Center. 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the processor model installed in your system?

2. What is the graphics model installed on your computer?

3. Can you take a picture of the difference in this issue? Maybe with your phone.

4. What is your Windows version and build?

5. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

6. Is the Intel® Graphics Command Center not remembering the custom color settings? Or, are you having brightness issues?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hello DeividA,

Attached to this reply you'll find my SSU but I'll still gladly answer your questions:

1) Core i5 13600K (Raptor Lake CPU). It's in the attached SSU.

2) Intel Arc A750 GPU. Also in the attached SSU.

3) I have tried using different cameras using my iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air (4th Gen), and a Canon EOS 60D. The images are still coming out the same so there is no visual way to see the difference in the vibrancy. I have, however, attached a video that does show what I mean about colors not popping until I click the - on Vividness. But as you'll see, the colors pop briefly in the video before fading out, but despite them fading out in the video, they remain vibrant on my monitor.

4) As I mentioned in the original post, I was running Windows 11 HDR. So I'm using Windows 11. It's also in the attached SSU.

5) Desktop. I don't have a gaming laptop.

6) No brightness issues. More like the GCC failing to maintain the "vividness" settings upon boot/restart.

Hopefully this helps. I wager it's another driver issue. I say this because I've noticed some changes since driver 4502:

• WHQL Driver 4502: I set my "vividness" to 65. Upon boot/restart, my lock screen colors appear dull, but then the colors "pop" to the applied intensity.
  • WHQL and BETA Driver 4575: I set my "vividness" to 65. Upon boot/restart, my lock screen colors appear to maintain intensity, then shortly after they drop down to flat/neutral (setting of 50).
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,  

Thanks for the information provided. Before I continue further, I would like you to try the following:

1. Test with a different TV or monitor to confirm if the issue is limited to your current monitor.

2. Test if the issue is present with HDR disabled.

3. Run all the Windows updates, including the optional ones.

4. Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to unistall the driver and then reinstall the latest one.

5. Try to enable "Play HDR games and apps".

1. Select the Start button, then enter settings. Select Settings > System > Display.
  2. Click the Windows HD Color setting 
  3. Turn on Play HDR games and apps.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Deivid,

I have performed steps you recommended and here are the results:

1) I borrowed a friend's 34" monitor to test along with mine. I used SDR and HDR on both monitors. Issue persists.

2) I disabled HDR and tested. Issue persists.

3) I made sure ALL updates, optional ones included, were downloaded and installed. Issue persists.

4) I have run DDU to remove all NVIDIA and AMD drivers. I then removed all Intel drivers. I re-downloaded the WHQL 4575 (latest) drivers and reinstalled them. Issue persists.

5) I have made sure HDR and Auto HDR were on for "Play HDR games and apps". I have followed your instructions precisely. Issue persists.

6) I also tried the 4576 BETA drivers after using DDU to uninstall the 4575 WHQL drivers. Issue persists.

NOTE: This issue never happened when I was on the WHQL 4502 drivers. They worked fine for the IGCC settings. But moving to WHQL 4575 is when the issue occurred.

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

After 4575 update the arc control screen settings started to overwrite the IGCC ones, try using those (screen > color)

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

I decided to uninstall Arc Control but leave IGCC until Intel is able to resolve the issue. I think Arc Control and IGCC should become one control panel altogether!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,  

Thanks for the confirmation. Before I continue further, please try the following:

1. Uninstall the application via Windows* Settings and re-install the application from the Microsoft* Store. (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055840/graphics.html)

• Open Settings > Apps > Apps and features.
  • Locate the Intel® Graphics Command Center application and select Uninstall.
  • Install the Intel® Graphics Command Center.

2. Try with the Intel® Arc Control and check if the issue persists on this tool:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Deivid,

I have performed your suggestions and here are the results:

1) I have uninstalled and reinstalled the IGCC per the instructions you have provided. Issue persists.

2) I have Intel Arc Control and I have tried using its settings. Issue persists.

FEEDBACK: I feel it would be better to consolidate Arc Control and IGCC into one complete program/app instead of multiple programs. Also, the use of an "Apply" button in IGCC would be nice.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,  

Thanks for the confirmation. In order to investigate this behavior I will need the following:

1. A new report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Deivid,

Attached you'll find the updated SSU. Hopefully changes will be found to help. Good luck.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Deivid,

UPDATE!!!

Last night as I was getting ready to head off for work, I shut my PC down. As it was prepping to turn off, I received an error message on screen and it was related to the Arc Control. This morning I decided to uninstall Intel Arc but leave the drivers. I uninstalled the Arc Control program through the Apps section in Windows settings. Upon successful uninstallation of Arc Control, I performed a disk cleanup using CCleaner and Windows Disk Cleanup to remove all unwanted clutter. I then performed a registry cleaning using CCleaner. Then I went into IGCC to pop my vividness back to the value of 65, and my colors popped fine. Then I proceeded to reboot my system. After reboot was completed, my color settings remained!

I want to say it was the Arc Control program that was conflicting with IGCC. I'm going to re-install Arc Control later when I wake up. If the color vibrancy issue persists, then I know Arc Control is running interference. I'll post an update with the results in this message body.

UPDATE #2

I reinstalled Arc Control using the 4575 WHQL drivers. Issue returned. I have uninstalled Arc Control until the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,  

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that we have replicated the issue in our LAB and we are aware of and working on the issue, there is currently no ETA, but rest assured we are working on it. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II
Deivid,

Thank you for your response. The only feedback I can give from here is me wishing Arc Control, IGCC, and Driver Assistant were all consolidated into one program. That’s all.

Thank you for assisting me in finding the issue. Please feel free to close this ticket.
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,  

Thanks for your response. If there is any news or updates in this issue I will post it on this thread. Otherwise, I will close it.

Thanks for your time and comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

I want to let you know that this issue should have been resolved in our latest driver 31.0.101.4824, now Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC) should be able to maintain your vividness settings after a reboot or restart. I advise you use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall your current driver and then update to the latest version. We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

I wanted to check if you had the chance to test our driver 31.0.101.4824, this new driver should resolve the issue and allow your Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC) to maintain the configured vividness settings. Please let us know if the problem is resolved from your side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hugo,

I just want to apologize for not responding as soon as I could. But I still appreciate you updating me on what's happening. In turn, I do have an update for you.

After Arc Control's UI improvements and implementations, I am now using it to increase the display saturation instead of using IGCC. I have left IGCC at default values and am focusing on Arc Control more. In a few days, I'll check out IGCC and see what happens. For now, things have been busy for me. I still appreciate the update, regardless.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for letting us. In this case, we will monitor this thread for a few more days so you have more time to test and confirm whether the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Remlin379
New Contributor I

I've opened a similar thread. After an update, it worked with arc control, but the arc control was still resetting IGCC settings every time the it started, but with the newest update it broke itself too. Again.

0 Kudos