Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1808 Discussions

HDR and Raytracing Issues in HellBlade

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Intel,

Just yesterday, I decided to re-download and play HellBlade: Senua's Sacrifice (obtained through the Xbox PC app via GamePass). Unfortunately, I came across a graphical glitch when I enabled HDR. Upon enabling HDR, my screen became white noise static. After several seconds of trying to see through the white noise, I was able to turn off HDR and things were good again. As the video I captured was too large to upload to this ticket, I made a private video on YouTube showcasing the aforementioned issue. However on the video, the screen goes green to showcase the white noise. Another "need to know" is HDR can only be enabled while at the main menu and not in game. Here is the video:

HDR Bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD01W7YT5hs

Also, I enabled raytracing in the game, only to see raytracing bog down the game's performance dramatically. This occurs everywhere in the game. For a game released nearly 6 years ago, I didn't believe its raytracing would be too much for the Arc A750. Or possibly unoptimized.

• Notes about HellBlade:
    • The game was released August 8, 2017
    • The game was developed on the Unreal 4 engine.
    • The game has the option of switching between DirectX 11 and DirectX 12. DirectX 12 is required for HDR and raytracing.

When I ran my RTX 3060 12GB, I had no issues whatsoever with either graphic setting. I have also attached an updated SSU for my PC to help. Please note I am using the 4672 WHQL drivers.

Hope this all helps.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

Thank you for posting in the intel communities. We would be more than glad to help you with the HellBlade HDR problem you described. Based on your problem, we will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hello Jean

Please keep me posted on what you find.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

We appreciate your patience and want to assure you that we are actively reviewing the matter and working to replicate the issue. While we do not have any additional information to share at this time, please know that we are thoroughly examining all details to provide a prompt response. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

Thank you for being patient. We are currently investigating your issue. We encountered a problem while trying to replicate the problem you are facing. Specifically, the HDR option isn't available in the game. We are working hard to find a solution, but we would like to confirm the steps we need to take. We appreciate that you have already shared a video, but could you please provide us with a step-by-step guide to replicate the issue again? Have you experienced a similar problem before?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Jean,

There have been a few updates between my last post and now. Shortly after I shared all the pertinent information, I uninstalled HellBlade. After your reply stating that your team encountered said problem of HDR not being available, I've re-installed HellBlade.

• Here's what's happened:
    • I am now on the latest drivers (4826) for the A750. I have also updated my MSI motherboard BIOS to the new beta BIOS as I suffered from the Windows Update BSOD issue plaguing MSI motherboards. I have attached a new SSU for you to read.
    • When I booted HellBlade for the first time on the A750, I received a "Fatal Error" crash notification, which is attached to this reply; this happened before but a restart of the game cleared it. This issue occured once again, but like before, a restart of the game and it was cleared. I have attached a screenshot showing the "Fatal Error" notification.
    • DirectX12 is enabled and I still have the option to switch back to DX11. I have attached a new video to show me going from the splash screens to the "graphics" section of the options menu. HDR and Raytracing options are there and selectable.
    • Upon turning on HDR and confirming I want HDR activated, you saw what happened to my screen in the original video. Looking hard to see through the screen issue, I was able to switch HDR to OFF and confirm. My screen reverted to normal. I have attached a screenshot of my current display selections so you can see how my system is configured.
  • Here's what's happening:
    • I just received my Arc A770 16GB manufactured by ASRock, so by the time you read this it will be installed into my PC and I'll be running it with the 4826 drivers.

I hope this helps. If not, maybe I can fly out to you and your team to show what I've done and assist however I can.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

Thank you for all the information provided. Let us look into this, and we will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,

Jean O.

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

I look forward to the next update in earnest.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @L0G1C-B0M8 

I would like to thank you for your patience and provide good news.

The fix for this issue is included in latest driver 31.0.101.5333 and newer.

Please give it a shot and let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Ronald,

I apologize for the lengthy delay in responding. I have taken the new drivers for a run. In game, the issues are resolved. However, activating HDR in the main menu still renders the weird screen glitch I had submitted photos and videos about. That is the only thing still prominent. Everything else is all good.

0 Kudos