Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1770 Discussions

Halo Infinite Campaign Rendering Issue

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Intel,

It's been a while since I posted anything of importance. Well that time has come. I was playing Halo Infinite (Microsoft Xbox PC/GamePass) with a friend and as we were racing on the warthog with a Marine NPC, I noticed the environment was de-rendering. I'm thinking "this can't be right". But sure enough, the environment had moved to a de-rendered stage. I rebooted my game and played solo for a while, rendering issue was non-existent. My friend joined back in and we played some more, environment de-rendered.

Below, I have attached two screenshots of the de-rendering. One of them has my co-op parnter in view. The remaining screenshots are of my graphics settings. Also, you'll find an SSU of my system attached. I have recorded a one minute clip of the environment; as the file size is too large to include, I saved it on to my OneDrive where it can be viewed there. I highly advise downloading the clip so the video quality does not taint your investigation. While the trees show the obvious, the ground is more subtle. By that, I mean there are times our warthog was not touching the ground but you could see it was rocking a bit off the ground and whatnot. Here is the link to the clip: Halo Infinite Rendering Glitch.mp4

Hopefully, the link will provide the context to my words and unfold all.

Notes:

+I am using the 5333 drivers.

+I am using the Xbox App/Game Pass version.

Much appreciation for looking into this matter.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Also, to supplement this conundrum, I have included a picture of my Arc A770 GPU supposedly using more than 16GB of its VRAM. I do not know if this is contributing or what. Regardless, I felt it might pertain to the situation. Therefore the said picture is attached to this supplemental report.

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

hi there @L0G1C-B0M8,

This is not an isolated incident, as there have been reports of similar issues by other users. A known problem has been identified with the "Raytraced Sun Shadows" feature under the Ray Tracing settings in the video options. If this feature is enabled, it can cause rendering issues, regardless of the quality setting. Disabling this feature has resolved the problem for some users.

Regarding your Arc A770 GPU showing more than 16GB of VRAM usage, it's important to note that the Arc A770 has 16GB of GDDR6 memory. If the VRAM usage is exceeding this, it could be a reporting error or a software glitch. It's unlikely that the GPU is actually using more than its maximum capacity. However, it's worth monitoring the VRAM usage to see if it correlates with the rendering issues you're experiencing.

For now, I would recommend checking if the "Raytraced Sun Shadows" feature is enabled and try disabling it to see if that resolves the de-rendering issue. Keep an eye on the VRAM usage as well, and if the problem persists, consider reaching out to the game's support or Intel's customer service with the details you've gathered.

I hope this helps, and you can get back to enjoying your game soon!

Cheers

Max,

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

"Raytraced Sun Shadows" is NOT available while in Campaign mode. When I select Campaign from the main menu, the Multiplayer mode "quits" and the Campaign mode loads. When I was in Campaign mode this morning, I checked for Raytraced Sun Shadows. That video feature is NOT there. You are certainly welcome to see for yourself with this video link I posted to my OneDrive: Halo Infinite Campaign Graphics Settings.mp4. Also, HAD you closely looked at the attached screenshots of my graphics settings of my original post, you would have noticed Raytraced Sun Shadows is NOT there. For another note, I have that setting disabled in Multiplayer as well.

I am well aware my GPU only has 16GB of VRAM. Why do you think I mentioned about my VRAM usage going seemingly beyond it's capacity? Looking back at your reply, it becomes more transparent that you never bothered to really look at any single attachment to begin with. In all, you were of no help. Congratulations, you played yourself.

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Thanks for responding. I noticed you mentioned an ongoing issue that's been discussed in a forum post. I think it might be beneficial to update your Intel Arc graphics driver to the latest version. In fact, there is a new version for Intel ARC graphics drivers that can fix this issue. Please take a look at here.

Thanks.

Max,

0 Kudos
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Thanks for responding. I noticed you mentioned an ongoing issue that's been discussed in a forum post. I think it might be beneficial to update your Intel Arc graphics driver to the latest version. In fact, there is a new version for Intel ARC graphics drivers that can fix this issue. Please take a look at here.

Thanks.

Max,

0 Kudos
RaffiePaws
Beginner

Have you noticed that when the RayTraced Sun Shadows are turned on in Multiplayer, that actually it's simply turning off the lightning completely instead of rendering light and shadows?

I commented in your previous post where it was the rendering pop-in which was the issue.  In your video there, I could see the same issue.  The lighting physically turns off when you click to enable RT in the settings?

I feel there is a broad issue with the RT in Infinite for Arc users.

0 Kudos
hekoone
Novice

The cause (same problem for me on a A380) is NOT the Raytraced Shadows (I don't use them) nor the VRAM usage, it's something like the texture streaming technique used together with the geometry LoD. It appears in MP too.

With "LOW" quality textures (=minor streaming batch, that's what this setting oversees) in MP levels I can avoid/tackle that issue, but just putting on "MEDIUM" in the menu make it return, being the VRAM usage well below the 6 GB of my A380.

5444 driver here, same problem as ever.

Please Intel, fix it!

0 Kudos