Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1808 Discussions

Performance degradation after the ‘Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege’ update y9s1.

theccy
Beginner

"With the same graphics settings, the average frame rate dropped from a maximum of 207fps (low 1% at 172, max 266 in fullscreen) to an average of 130fps (low 1% at 108, max 162 in fullscreen/maximized window). Using the Vulkan API, at 2560x1440 resolution with the highest quality and TAA set to 100%.

Note: After the update, there is no difference in performance between fullscreen and maximized window modes, which was not an issue before the update."

Graphics card driver version 5333.

y8s4 fs.png

y8s4 rimless.png

y9s1 fs.png

   

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, theccy.

Thank you for posting in our Community. 

The recent update to driver version 5333 appears to have resulted in a significant drop in frame rate during gaming sessions. This reduction in performance might stem from a range of causes, such as new bugs or compatibility challenges introduced with the update. Nonetheless, it's worth noting that there is a newer graphics driver available that could potentially resolve this issue. If you haven't checked it out yet, I recommend looking into the latest driver version, 31.0.101.5382, for possible improvements.

Finally, knowing your graphics driver version, processor, and GPU is a good start, but I could still use more information about your system configuration. Please run the Intel SSU report and share the results with me so I can verify details such as OS build, driver version, errors logged at the system level, etc.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, theccy.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello theccy, 

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. For additional troubleshooting steps, you can check our Poor Performance on Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege* with Intel® Arc™ Card article.

Thank you for understanding! 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos