Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1684 Discussions

Help with Rome Total War 2 crashing on Compaign Launch

Warden002
Beginner

Using the driver 31.0.101.4826, just updated today to see if that would fix it. Performed a DDU removal prior to the new version. I don't receive any warning , the game loads to 99% then Crashes to desktop.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ZahidSSJ,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We will help you solve the crashing issues when playing Rome: Total War.

• When did the issue start?
  • What game distribution service do you use to install the game?  ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect).
  • Is there any error message once the game crashes? If so, provide us with a screenshot of the error message.
  • We want to gather more information about your system, to confirm if the unit is up to date and other details, so please, provide us with a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU).
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Warden002
Beginner

Hi @Jean_Intel ,

• Issue has always been present , campaign start is what makes the game go to black screen or (in the latest driver version) crash to desktop
  • Steam
  • No Error message
  • See attached report
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Warden002

We noticed that your processor has integrated graphics, and based on the system reports, it is enabled. To discard the possibility of a conflict with the game and the Intel Arc Cards, we recommend you test the game using only the processor-integrated graphics and check if the crashing problem remains.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Warden002
Beginner

Hello @Jean_Intel ,

I do have an integrated AMD, it was however disabled via Windows Device Manager. It was disabled because games were picking up the integrated graphics rather than the Arc card. I have enabled the device and attempted a campaign withe BOTH graphics devices enabled and the problem is still occuring. I currently have my monitors plugged in via the Arc card. Would you like me to try it with a monitor plugged into the integrated?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Warden002

We appreciate the information provided. To check if the issue is only related to the Intel Arc GPU, we would like to ask you to try using only the integrated graphics, so you should plug the monitors into the Motherboard video outputs and disable the Intel ARC GPU using the device manager. Share with us the outcome.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Warden002
Beginner

Hello @Jean_Intel ,

The game works with the integrated, not well but it works. I am able to load, move around the map and go into menus without it crashing. The configuration is single monitor on the integrated chip. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Warden002,

Thank you for letting us know that the game doesn't crash with the integrated graphics. We will now proceed to research this matter internally, and we will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.