Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1831 Discussions

How I can plug in ARC a770 with Oculink to my laptop ?

mksn
Beginner

This topik is continue last one.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/How-I-can-plug-in-ARC-a770-with-Oculink-to-my-laptop/m-p/1607394/thread-id/14920

@JeanetteC_Intel

Hi , now i see this message, I am sorry for delay

1) Is the Nvidia 3060 pre-installed on this Asus laptop with Ryzen 6800H?

2) If I am seeing this correctly, is the Oculink connected to your ASUS laptop's HDMI port and the other end to the ARC A770's (PCIe)?

1-yes its my discrete card in this laptop , also i have radeon integrated card

2-I tried it in different ways, the card is simply determined randomly sometimes in different situations, but it never works stably

I even ordered a new power cable from the Chinese on their advice, but it didn’t help.

I have attached a text file of the system scan

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mksn
Beginner

In general,
Do I have a chance to make your video card work?
Or is this pointless and I don’t have to waste time and effort and should buy a normal card? (N////a)

0 Kudos
mksn
Beginner

And another question :
Maybe you should ask Intel marketers to write in large text on the video card or in the description that “THIS IS A RAW UNFINISHED PRODUCT! YOU CANNOT USE AS A NORMAL VIDEO CARD FROM NVIDIA OR RADEON! YOU BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

For example, I didn’t know about this, like 90% of normal users. Or I could buy Nvidia. And it would be better to do so!

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello mksn,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We'll check on this further with our engineering team and we will post an update once it's available. We will also raise this feedback with our marketing team about the "description" you mentioned above.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mksn
Beginner

Thanks for the answer .

I can also help you with testing.

It's strange that no one did this before the card was released.

0 Kudos
mksn
Beginner

Hej look here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM3qtMG1s-Q

there is Intel Arc which work with Oculink

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello mksn,

I highly appreciate your willingness to help for this testing and I also viewed the video link you shared. However, I have re-confirmed from our engineers that the Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics is optimized for desktop use and not for eGPU use.

The PC setup should meet the system requirements discussed on this reference article below:

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html

On the YouTube link you shared, the setup involves a LattePanda, which is a small board computer, rather than an eGPU setup. This might be causing some confusion for from your end.

The recommend system requirements above are the ideal and tested, though there has been reports the this Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics works with an older CPU, but there are still limitations with those setups since the full requirements were not met. *It is still desktop setup and not eGPU.

I suggest that you check with your system manufacturer support team to see if this setup that you are trying to achieve is feasible or not.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mksn
Beginner
0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello mksn,

I will proceed in closing this thread.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

JeanetteC.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos