Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1616 Discussions

I don't understand this . . . a resizeable bar problem?

MiseryGuts
Beginner

A770LE 16GB on a MSI X570 Tomahawk. Latest MB bios (today). Rebar is enabled and 4G. CSM off. GPU Z sees it clearly as enabled yet ARC control panel has a red x and tells me to contact my motherboard manufacturer. Tried a full BIOS reset; same thing. Any ideas? Does this mean it is not working?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MiseryGuts

As mentioned we are currently investigating this issue to come up with a definitive resolution, however, before closing this thread we would like to know if the suggested workaround we provided worked for you. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MiseryGuts

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the resizeable bar status on Intel® Arc™ Control.

The issue that you mentioned should have been resolved starting on Arc Control version 1.0.4765.0. Please let's try to do a clean installation of the latest driver version 30.0.101.4146 using Display Driver Uninstaller.

If the issue persists, please share the following information with us:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MiseryGuts
Beginner

I installed Windows 11 Pro from scratch (again). I installed the most recent system drivers as well as the most recent Arc drivers 30.0.101.4146 ). Again, it says Resizable bar is not enabled, even though GPU-Z clearly shows it is. Attachments as requested

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MiseryGuts

Thank you for sharing this information with us. The error message "general-not-supported" is a known issue that we are currently investigating and working on. The issue is just aesthetic and Resizable BAR will continue to work despite the error message.

For AMD platforms you can try the following temporary workaround:

1. Boot into BIOS.
  2. Disable 'Above 4G Decoding' and 'Resizable BAR support' options.
  3. Disable 'Secure Virtual Machine' (SVM) option.
  4. Save and Exit.
  5. Restart the computer.
  6. Boot into BIOS.
  7. Re-enable 'Above 4G Decoding' and 'Resizable BAR support'
  8. Save and Exit.
  9. Restart the computer.
  10. Boot into Windows and verify if Arc Control reports Resizable BAR as supported.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MiseryGuts

Since there are no more questions we will be closing this thread, however, as mentioned in my previous post we are currently working on this issue to come up with a fix, so we wanted to share with you the Bug ID for this issue in case that you want to check that status later on, you can reference Bug ID 14018340272.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MiseryGuts

As mentioned we are currently investigating this issue to come up with a definitive resolution, however, before closing this thread we would like to know if the suggested workaround we provided worked for you. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
MiseryGuts
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Using the wordaraound you suggested has worked and Arc Control is now showing Resizable Bar as enabled. Now if you can just sort out a few performance issues with Overwatch 2 . . . . . . 

Seriously, thanks for the workaround. I'm sure Intel with have a proper solution soon. 

Kindest regards,

Chris 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MiseryGuts

Thank you for your confirmation. It is great to know that the suggested workaround worked for you. We continuously keep improving the bugs and performance issues in our driver releases as well we are actively working on this issue specifically to come up with a fix. Feel free to open a new thread in case you are experiencing any sort of issue.

Since this thread is now solved, we will no longer monitor it. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos