Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

Intel A380 Ecoder Lag with Recording

Gerarderloper
Beginner

I'm getting a issue like many others where under Windows when trying to stream and record or just record with OBS 3.1.2 it has encoder lag frame drop.

I monitored the media load with intel software and it shows when recording it uses around %41 of GPU media processing but after 30seconds or so it will STALL to 0% and fail causing encoder lag.

I can't remember this being a problem under Linux.

This appears to be a driver bug with Intel under Windows and is quite disruptive.  

Interesting enough it does not happen when streaming at 4k60fps AND 1080p60fps at same time (dual stream).  This is directly related to the RECORDING to file part and is perplexing issue to say the least.

I suspect there is some major driver bug going on here.

No idea what sort of log files will be helpful to be honest. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gerarderloper
Beginner

Updated OBS to 30.2, disabled ARC helper tool.  

RECORD Encoding with AV1 causes about 170 lost/skipped frames every 2000 frames or so, about %5-9.5

RECORD Encoding with 264 also appears to loose some frames. 

In the end it appears my drive I used was using the winbtfs driver which looks to be failing for OBS usage.  I will have to go over to that github and open a issue there. 

I will close this in meanwhile as its not a ARC bug afaics.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gerarderloper
Beginner

Updated OBS to 30.2, disabled ARC helper tool.  

RECORD Encoding with AV1 causes about 170 lost/skipped frames every 2000 frames or so, about %5-9.5

RECORD Encoding with 264 also appears to loose some frames. 

In the end it appears my drive I used was using the winbtfs driver which looks to be failing for OBS usage.  I will have to go over to that github and open a issue there. 

I will close this in meanwhile as its not a ARC bug afaics.

0 Kudos