Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1679 Discussions

Intel ARC a770 fps drops in cs2

mittso99
Beginner

Hello,

I have some problem while playing CS2. I get higher frame time every 3 seconds and at that time my fps drop from 130 to 100, but frame time increase from 12ms to 150ms which turns out as big lagging. I am using Intel Arc A770 16GB GPU, AMD Ryzen 5 4500 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz... What could be the reason? 
This problems most often occurs after playing the game 30 minutes, at the begining those frame times are not increasing so much (they do from 12ms to around 40ms, which is not so annoying...) But increasing up to 150ms make me feel nervous, because I cannot play the game like that...

Best regards!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Mittso99,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me better understand the issue and provide you solution, kindly share the following details:

• Is CS2 the only game that is having issues with your system?
  • Did you make any changes to your system like new hardware installed or software installed, etc. that may have caused this issue? Was it working properly before and only encountering the issue now?
  • Can you list all the troubleshooting steps you did to ensure that we do not repeat them?
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.
  • What are the graphics settings in CS2, can you please share a screenshot of it?
  • Does the FPS drop happen in a specific area only or on specific events like flashbang or smoke grenade exploding, etc.?
  • Resizable BAR is important as it enhances the graphics card's performance. Was it enabled in the BIOS? To check, please follow this article: What Is Resizable BAR and How Do I Enable It?

We look forward to your response!

Thank you and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mittso99
Beginner
Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
I need to infrom you that I solved the problem by enabling resizable BAR. FPS drops are not the issue anymore. But to do that, I had to change from MBR disk to GPT disk via Command Prompt.

Best regards!
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Mittso99,

Thank you so much for the update, and we are glad to hear that the issue that we had has been resolved.

By the way, it is truly appreciated that you have let us know that the issue has been resolved by enabling the resizable BAR. 

We will close this enquiry now as the issue that we have has been resolved. If in the future you may need our assistance again, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos