Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1982 Discussions

Intel Arc A770: could not initiate graphics device/DirectX11 is not supported by your system.

LumenLighter
Beginner

System info: 

CPU - Intel Core i5-13600K
GPU - Intel Arc A770 Titan OC
Mobo - Pro B760-P DDR4
OS - Windows 10 Home
PSU - Corsair 650W Semi-Modular Bronze
16 Gb RAM

I am using the latest version of the graphics driver and have attempted to update it numerous times. I first ran into this issue when trying to play Rainbow 6 Siege in which I received the DirectX11 error message. I promptly installed the proper graphics drivers and everything seemed fine. This was until I attempted to play League of Legends a few days later when I got the "Could not initiate error". The problem appeared to fix itself once I restarted my PC however I thought that this issue would come back and decided to look into it. After reading a few posts of people who had similar issues I did a clean driver installation using DDU in safe mode. I tried updating my drivers. I've pretty much tried every solution I could find. Despite this fact, I have found myself running into this error again and again, each time requiring me to restart my PC. While this does not completely hinder my ability to use my PC it is quite the nuisance and I fear that this issue, if it persists, could be a sign of greater issues in the near future. This is my first time building a PC and I went with the Intel Arc as I believed it would be the best option and sincerely hope that I can find a solution to this problem as everything else has worked perfectly. I've done some testing and have found that both issues seem the be the same or at least coincide with each other. I unfortunately do not know how to recreate this issue as it seems to just happen at random. My best guess at the moment would be having my PC on for an extended period of time, but otherwise I am unsure and will have to test more.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello LumenLighter, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. To make sure we are on the same page with the 'latest' version, may I please know the specific driver version of your Intel Arc A770 wherein you are experiencing this issue? Better yet, you may also share your SSU logs so we can check for possible errors and be more familiar with your configuration. Seeing that the issue appears at random as well, may I please know how frequent do you encounter this issue? Does this still happen to both Rainbow 6 Siege and League of Legends? If it does, may I please know the distributor wherein you got the games? This will details will help us in properly investigating this for you. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
LumenLighter
Beginner

I've attached the proper SSU files.

My driver version is 31.0.101.4502.

I do not have drivers for my integrated graphics installed and have tried both with them installed and with them uninstalled and the problem persists either way.

I would say that this issue happens randomly at least once or twice every day and the issue applies to both League of Legends and Rainbow 6 Siege as when one stops working the other stops working too until I restart my PC. I have not been able to test it with other games. I have gotten Rainbow 6 Siege from Steam from which it launches Ubisoft Connect, and I have gotten League of Legends from Riot Games. The random intervals in which this error typically occurs is after an hour or few of my PCs uptime sometimes occurring randomly between application launches (namely in League of Legends where the game client launches the game separate from the client between matches).

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lumenlighter,

Thank you for your response.

After analyzing the logs, it shows that you have both the integrated graphics and ARC A770 driver activated on the system —the odd thing is the updated driver is only reflected on your integrated graphics.  Lots of these kinds of issues are fixed by updating the graphics driver of your arc card. Please try to disable your intel UHD graphics, then install the latest graphics driver for A770, 31.0.101.5594. Let us know if there are any improvements are updating the ARC drivers.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LumenLighter
Beginner

I am still experiencing issues now with Wallpaper Engine displaying an error randomly on my PC which I have attached as an image. The other errors also still persist and due to the issues being random I am unsure if they are less frequent or not. I have attached a new version of the SSU as well. This issue seems to coincide with the other issues on Rainbow Six Siege and League of Legends and this is strange as I have never had an issue with DirectX 10 before on Wallpaper Engine.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lumenlighter,

Thank you for considering our last suggestion.

Oddly, after checking the logs, the driver on the ARC card is still outdated. Please download and install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver 32.0.101.5762 for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, and Intel® Core™ Ultra Processors with Intel® Arc™.

Let us know if you are experiencing difficulties in installing it.

If you are able to successfully install it though, please do to device manager and verify that your ARC’s driver is 32.0.101.5762, then start checking if will still run into the issues that you have raised.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lumenlighter,

Thank you for considering our last suggestion.

Oddly, after checking the logs, the driver on the ARC card is still outdated. Please download and install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver 32.0.101.5762 for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, and Intel® Core™ Ultra Processors with Intel® Arc™.

Let us know if you are experiencing difficulties in installing it.

If you are able to successfully install it though, please do to device manager and verify that your ARC’s driver is 32.0.101.5762, then start checking if will still run into the issues that you have raised.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi Lumenlighter,

I am just checking in if you were able to follow our recommendation. Feel fee to let us know if you encounter any issues and we will be there to assist you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
LumenLighter
Beginner

I have followed the recommendation and am experiencing no more issues. I am unsure if the issue will randomly occur again but for now everything works great. Thank you for the assistance.  

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello LumenLighter, 

Thank you for letting us know about this results and we are happy to have this resolved. I do understand that you want to guarantee that it will not occur again in the following days. Would you like to monitor your system for a few days? If you want me to close this case for you, you may also let me know as well. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
LumenLighter
Beginner

I am experiencing issues again and when I look into my graphics driver version it has seemingly reverted itself back to the older version which I believe has occurred multiple times now as well as experiencing issues with my graphics drivers not being able to scan for updates instead giving me error messages. In the driver assistance tool it tells me my drivers are up to date despite the fact that they are on version 31.0.101.4502. I think this has been causing me issues despite me updating my drivers multiple times and I recall having updated my graphics driver at least 3 times now.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello LumenLighter, 

I am sorry to hear that the issue reoccurred with your system. From the symptoms, I have here some step that I would like for your to try to prevent the driver from rolling back to an older version. Kindly please try the following: Windows* Update Keeps Rolling Back Graphics Driver to a Previous Version. Please take note that you should use the Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows* driver. 

Should the issue persists, please share with us the updated SSU logs so I can coordinate this further with our team. 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello LumenLighter, 

I am just checking if you are still experiencing issues with your system after my previous post. Please let me know if you do so I will be able to help you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
LumenLighter
Beginner

I am no longer experiencing any issues. Thank you very much for the support. Everything is working perfectly.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello LumenLighter, 

I am happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing the issues. Thank you for trusting our recommendation. I will now proceed in closing your case for now but should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We wholeheartedly wish you every success in all your future ventures!

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos