Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1811 Discussions

Intel Arc Interlaced Scanning

juanme555
Beginner

I have a question, do Intel Arc gpus support interlaced resolutions?

Custom resolutions made with Custom Resolution Utility or Intel's own Control Panel...would i be able to fully run Interlaced resolutions with an Alchemist GPU? and also will Battlemage support it too? This would be through HDMI.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

juanme555, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to your question, I will do further research on this subject to confirm those details and provide a response as soon as possible.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello juanme555, I just received an update on this matter.

Regarding your inquiry, based on the information shown in the following link, "Does Intel® Arc™ Graphics Support Interlaced Resolutions?" The Intel® Arc™ Graphics do support interlaced mode as long as the display's panel supports it. 

As for the B series (Battlemage) GPU, these are not released yet. Intel Support does not comment on information about products that haven't been released yet.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
juanme555
Beginner

Okay then if i were to use an Alchemist GPU with an HDMI to vga adapter on a display that supports interlaced resolutions, would it be able to run them? my use case is a CRT Monitor with which im stuck on a GTX980Ti because its the last gpu that supported interlaced resolutions.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

juanme555, Thank you very much for your response.

In reference to your question, please keep in mind that every component has its own specifications and it might be fully compatible with some devices. Taking that into consideration plus the fact that you will be using adapters might create a conflict. 

Still, I will double-check those aspects and provide an answer as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello juanme555, I just received an update on this matter.

In regard to your inquiry, Intel does not recommend using any kind of adapters and can not guarantee 3rd party products/adapters will work as expected. Based on that, we recommend to get in contact and checking the adapter/docking station features and compatibility with the manufacturer of the device directly and to gather additional details on this subject.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
juanme555
Beginner

But if the hdmi to vga adapter does work properly with a gtx 1060 and is able to fully render interlaced resolutions, would it be able to do the same with the intel GPU?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello juanme555, Thank you very much for your comments.

Intel® can not guarantee 3rd party products/adapters will work as expected on your system. The best thing to do, in this case, will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of the adapter/docking station directly to confirm those details.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello juanme555, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if, from our side, you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
juanme555
Beginner

I think thats alright, it would've been better if you would've tried this for yourself so that i dont have to roll the dies but i guess that's just how its gonna have to be, but im gonna take my time.

You can close the thread now.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

juanme555, Thank you very much for your response.

In that case, as you mentioned, I will check if there is an option for us to try to replicate the issue in our Intel lab. As soon as I get more details, I will post all of them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello juanme555i, I just received an update on this matter.

After checking your latest request, still, our best recommendation continues to be to have the adapter manufacturer confirm it and based on their response we can move forward and further assist you with this scenario.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos