Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1612 Discussions

Intel wants to hear your feedback! - ideas for short support videos

RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Intel is interested in creating short support videos that cover topics or issues that you care the most. 

Just to name a few examples:

• In Arc Control what is the "Opt in Driver Boost" feature and how does it work?
  • How to report issues to Intel Support? 
  • Common troubleshooting tips.
  • How to configure collage mode in IGCC.

We want to hear your suggestions so feel free to respectfully voice your ideas and requests and they may get done soon!

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
choover
Beginner

How about a video to show us how to fix Arc Control not responding.

gargamel314
Novice

Setting up various creative applications like Handbrake, Topaz Video Enhance AI, Resolve, Etc.

Also, setting up Sunshine/Moonlight on Windows 11.

0 Kudos
LynxRufus
New Contributor I

personally I don't feel there's the need for a entire video clip,

I'd be happy if you could write about & explain it in here..

But on second thought, if  you have resources left & and you want to make a video of it sure why not !

maybe that way you could go into more detail and tell us more about it than what would fit in a small tooltip inside the app itself where space is limited..

(btw, don't forget to add better descriptions there as well ! it's pretty vague, if those options have any description at all, cause some have none..)

• you should also put these and many other hidden information which is often easy to miss  in a more extensive FAQ on your main Arc support article site/landing page,
  • and also add it as a *.txt to your Driver Package Downloads (full descriptions of each & every setting / sum up of all hotkeys, etc)

now, regarding what features I'd like to know more about,

there's two things I'd be very curious about what they mean and how they work (in detail !), one of them you already named on top:

• In Arc Control what is the "Opt in Driver Boost" feature and how does it work?
  • What are the 'game compatibility options' all about - how do they work / what do they change, and what's the difference between basic,advanced,recommended ?

Cheers !

P1ne
Novice

Would be nice to have a series of videos documenting Arc Control features and explaining them on a technical level.

All of documentation i can find about Arc Control is marketing. Marketing is pretty useless for someone who already bought the product. Most of the people buying Intel Arc GPUs are computer enthusiasts, not average users. Intel should try and leverage that. No reviewers are going to recommend an Intel GPU to a regular consumer. It too much headache for them. So Intel might as well go all out on the technical information.

ZayaStar
Novice

I would actually like to see some documentation about what is being done in each driver update, or if that is not feasible at least some notes that are more than "game highlights" when I look for information, this could even be done as short update videos about what improvements have been done every revision, I would be happy to see notes for the major revisions at least.

Other than that I would like to see if there is currently a "known bugs list" that the team is working on fixing.

Just as an example of that, is how some games publish their update notes, for example FFXIV has their patch notes saying what they fixed with the update and a list of known bugs in the patch notes.

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

You need to create a video for the game creators so they can add your cards to their videos games so they can be tuneable. 

laolin
Novice

Ialso wonder(I come from China and I use translation to view it

• What are the 'game compatibility options' all about - how do they work / what do they change, and what's the difference between basic,advanced,recommended?
laolin
Novice

And now there are too few games that support xess, I only hope some popular games can join XESS.

For example, 《Red Dead Redemption 2》、《2077》...

0 Kudos
gargamel314
Novice

Many of us have had to troubleshoot our PCs using the Arc Series cards. Arc is brand new, and as such, there's a lot of lack of software support from other developers, or in some cases many workarounds really have had to be explored over the past 6 months. A lot of times we have to repeatedly share these workarounds with others looking for help. It would be cool if you could create some tutorial vids on how to troubleshoot these GPUs, or even share some of the biggest Arc Series tips that originated in the forums.

Another cool idea would be some creator success stories with Arc. Show us how content creators and artists have used the A-series to benefit their work and why this GPU-line stands out from all the rest. This would be an awesome application of the Arc Pro series!

You can tell by a lot of responses to this thread that people really want tutorial content related to the A-series, myself included! A lot of us went all in on Intel, many of us made ourselves take the bad with the good to support Intel's foray into the GPU market. A nice "back at ya" would be really appreciated by many of us.  Thanks!

laolin
Novice

At present, the software driver of ARC graphics card is not done well, and many functions are not perfect.

In China, a blogger invited arc graphics card related personnel, it is said that there will be DX11 optimization update in May-June, I don't know if you have this news in Europe, America or other regions

I don't understand English, this one was translated into English in Chinese

laolin
Novice

I also want to know when XESS will be open source, FSR with the same open source technology now has a lot of game support, and there are also some computer professional enthusiasts to do FSR patches, originally did not support FSR games, after playing mods you can use FSR technology

I don't understand English, this one was translated into English in Chinese

@RonaldM_Intel wrote:

Hello everyone,

Intel is interested in creating short support videos that cover topics or issues that you care the most. 

Just to name a few examples:

• How to report issues to Intel Support? 
  • Common troubleshooting tips.
  • How to configure collage mode in IGCC.

We want to hear your suggestions so feel free to respectfully voice your ideas and requests and they may get done soon!

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

- In Arc Control what is the "Opt in Driver Boost" feature and how does it work?

: Not tried it, only want confirmed working drivers

- How to report issues to Intel Support?

: With a forum that doesnt need you to load Microsoft Everything on mobile devices (we removed them and went with TEXT)

- Common troubleshooting tips.

: Shouldn't be any, these cards should be as robust as nVidia and PNY hardware which just "works"

- How to configure collage mode in IGCC.

: Why is there a mode? these are output video cards they should be running at 100% efficiency all the time

0 Kudos
davidohnson85
Novice

Hello Ronald M.,

Thank you for reaching out and expressing Intel's interest in creating short support videos to address topics and issues that are important to the community. It's great to see a proactive approach towards providing helpful resources. Here are a few suggestions for topics that may be valuable for users:

1. Optimizing Gaming Performance: Tips and tricks to maximize gaming performance on Intel-based systems, including settings optimization, driver updates, and system configurations.

2. Understanding CPU Technologies: Explaining key CPU technologies such as hyper-threading, turbo boost, and cache memory, and their impact on system performance.

3. Overclocking Basics: An introductory guide to safely overclocking Intel CPUs, including an overview of overclocking concepts, steps, and precautions.

4. Intel Graphics Settings: Exploring advanced settings and features in Intel Graphics Control Panel, including custom resolutions, color adjustments, and power settings.

5. Troubleshooting Graphics Issues: Common graphics-related issues and their solutions, covering topics like driver conflicts, display artifacts, and performance problems.

6. Intel Rapid Storage Technology: An overview of Intel's Rapid Storage Technology and how it can be utilized to enhance storage performance and data protection.

7. Wireless Connectivity Tips: Optimizing Wi-Fi performance and troubleshooting common wireless connectivity issues on Intel-based systems.

8. Understanding Intel Optane Memory: Explaining the benefits and usage of Intel Optane Memory for storage acceleration and system responsiveness.

9. Securing Your System: Best practices for securing Intel-based systems, including firmware updates, antivirus software, and password management.

10. Enhancing Battery Life: Tips and techniques to maximize battery life on laptops and portable devices powered by Intel processors.

These are just a few ideas to get started. I hope they provide some inspiration for creating valuable support videos. It's important to listen to the feedback and requests from the community to ensure that the content addresses their specific needs.

Best regards,
David Johnson.

0 Kudos