Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1830 Discussions

Latest Graphics Driver Discord Screen Sharing Error

KrJ5
Beginner

Starting with Intel Arc Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5444 and above, Discord Screen Sharing doesn't work. When I press the Screen Sharing button, there is an error that causes Discord to restart. In version 5382, it seems to be working properly, so I predict it's a problem with the graphics driver.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hi KrJ5,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To assist you more effectively, could you please provide the following details?

1. Could you specify the model number of your graphics card?

2. When attempting to use the screen sharing feature, what exact error message appears, if any?

3. Have you had a chance to test the screen sharing functionality with the latest graphics driver version 31.0.101.5590? If so, did you encounter the same problem?

Additionally, I came across an article that might be relevant to the issue you're experiencing:

"Discord App Crashes when Sharing Screen on Intel® Arc™ Graphics."

You can view the article here.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000098842/graphics.html

Could you confirm if the symptoms described in the article match the difficulties you are facing?

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and it will help us in diagnosing and resolving the issue promptly.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KrJ5
Beginner

1. Intel® Core™ Ultra 5 processor 125H internal graphics.
2. Crash without error message.
3. I have the same issue with 31.0.101.5590.
Occurred in Windows 11.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi KrJ5,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you confirm if the symptoms described in the article match the difficulties you are facing? If so, we suggest following the recommendations on the given link. If not, we'll check this further.

"Discord App Crashes when Sharing Screen on Intel® Arc™ Graphics."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000098842/graphics.html

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
KrJ5
Beginner

I only shared the app window, and I was using the Smoother Video setting.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello KrJ5, 

Thank you for responding back to us. Please be informed that we can only support you in English. Would you be able to translate the error message for us in English so we can be more familiar with the root cause? Additionally sharing your SSU logs will allow us to be more familiar with your configuration and check for possible errors. Have you already tried reinstalling the software as well? If you do, what is the current discord version that you have installed? 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KrJ5
Beginner

When I press the screen share button, it crashes without an error message. I've also reinstalled the software.

Current discord version: stable 305146 (a1d7d6f) Host 1.0.9151 x64 (48891) Build Override: N/A Windows 11 64-bit (10.0.22631)

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello KrJ5,

Thank you for your reply.

Please give us some time as we check this request. We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello KrJ5,

We have conducted tests with the most recent graphics driver version 31.0.101.5593 and Windows 11 build 22631, and we are pleased to report that no issues were encountered. As a result, we suggest that you update your graphics driver to version 31.0.101.5593 and ensure that you have the latest version of the Discord application installed. After these updates, please attempt to use the application once more.

If the problem continues, it may be beneficial to reach out to Discord's technical support team for a more detailed examination.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could inform us of the results following these steps.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
KrJ5
Beginner

It still doesn't work. 31.0.101.5593, 31.0.101.5594

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello KrJ5,

We appreciate your update and I'm sorry to hear the problem persists. For further clarification, may we inquire if you have reached out to Discord's technical support team regarding this matter? We would be grateful for your confirmation on this.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello KrJ5,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
KrJ5
Beginner

I've submitted my log history and inquiries to Discord and am waiting for a reply. On browser Discord, I've confirmed that screen sharing works fine.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello KrJ5,

Thank you for reaching out. It appears that the concern is related to the non-browser application. Please let us know if there is any further assistance we can provide on this matter.  

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello KrJ5, 

As I have not received a response, I will be closing this inquiry. Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to initiate a new query, as this conversation thread will not be actively monitored moving forward. Furthermore, I'm hoping that you contacted Discord technical support to confirm the root cause of the issue since the browser version is working fine.  

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos