Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1733 Discussions

Minecraft OpenGL Visual Glitch

FloLoFlo
Novice

Hey,

I have a problem with my Intel Arc A770:
It seems that as part of a driver update for Intel graphics products sometime in early 2022, an OpenGL texture compression feature was deleted, which is why I now have graphics bugs in Minecraft 1.7.10. These are not unique to me and appear in both vanilla and modded versions. Users on Reddit and on this forum have already pointed this out, but unfortunately have received no response or no satisfactory response.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Intel-ARC-A370m-problem-in-Minecraft/m-p/1473017

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Intel-Arc-performance-with-OpenGL-Minecraft/m-p/1471813

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Intel-ARC-Issue-with-Minecraft/m-p/1468748

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Minecraft-showing-as-one-solid-color/m-p/1450228

https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/ysi8qy/a770_issues_with_minecraft_1710/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/11xxth3/1710_glitch_intel_arc_gpu/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/tp690a/vanilla_minecraft_1710_visual_glitch/

This problem also occurred with cards from the competition and could be fixed by them. It is clearly a driver problem.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCL-22662

Using other driver versions on the ARC A770 does not change anything and the problem has existed since day one. The games distribution service is Mojang and the question of whether the problem exists in the latest Minecraft version is simply irrelevant.

Now the question may arise, why fix a bug in the drivers for a game version that was released in 2014. Well, it is simply the version that contains the most mods to this day and is therefore still played a lot - so there is simply a need on the player side. As the user Chuc pointed out in one of the forum posts people simply want to play this version. Telling them to just go play on the newest version is just not helpfull and therefore nearly force you to go and buy somewhere else. In addition, there is also the very personal experience that I and probably some others also had that a 1.7.10 version should be played in the circle of friends, but I with the latest and strongest graphics card was busy over the evening to find out why I could not play. So if arc products are to be a real alternative, which is very desirable, then it must be possible to participate in gaming sessions with friends.
It has gotten to the point where some users are trying to use their iGPU to fix this problem by using old drivers and disabling the new ARC GPU in order to somehow get the benefit of 1.7.10. This is simply ridiculous.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/10tlbvq/switching_from_dedicated_arc_to_integrated_intel/

For video evidence please use the video in this Reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/tp690a/vanilla_minecraft_1710_visual_glitch/

So if in the future the first generation should not have been the last that we bought, then this problem should be fixed, because emotions play an important role in the purchase and mine are currently not in the state to buy again. If others can fix it you can too.

About a response I am very happy and hope that for many players this bug can be fixed.
Best regards
Florian R.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FloLoFlo

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing graphical glitches when trying to play Minecraft 1.7.10.

We generally only support the latest version of the game which at the moment is 1.19.4 and I do understand that you want to stay at the older version due to the mods available for that version, however, before we further look into this, could you please confirm whether the same issue happens in the latest version.

Also, please make sure to use the latest driver version 31.0.101.4335.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
FloLoFlo
Novice

Hello Hugo,

first of all thank you very much for your quick reply! Of course I can understand that from a company's point of view it is basically desirable to always support (only) the latest version of a game, as it is usually and only with a few exceptions the only version of a game that is played. One of these exceptions, however, is Minecraft, since, as you thankfully acknowledge, the focus here is particularly on individualization through mods.

The same problem doesn't occur in the latest version, even if we probably have different points of view about its relevance.

I have downloaded the driver 31.0.101.4335 via the beta function for drivers from ArcControl, as you can see from the attached SSU, but have not found a remedy for the problem.

I would still like to take the opportunity to briefly make something clear.
This problem is not about needing to be fixed yesterday rather than today, although that would of course be desirable. The Arc A770 has given me a lot of pleasure so far and otherwise, and I'm always impressed by the performance leaps that were and probably still are possible with the drivers. I'm more concerned that this issue is known and the community knows that it is being worked on, perhaps not with the highest priority, but still. Saying that at least you have it on your mind and make the Arc graphics cards even more attractive than they already are. In the end, these are the small nuances that at least convince me completely of a product.

Best Regards,

Florian R.

0 Kudos
FloLoFlo
Novice

Hello Hugo,

first of all thank you very much for your quick reply! Of course I can understand that from a company's point of view it is basically desirable to always support (only) the latest version of a game, as it is usually and only with a few exceptions the only version of a game that is played. One of these exceptions, however, is Minecraft, since, as you thankfully acknowledge, the focus here is particularly on individualization through mods.

The same problem doesn't occur in the latest version, even if we probably have different points of view about its relevance.

I have downloaded the driver 31.0.101.4335 via the beta function for drivers from ArcControl, as you can see from the attached SSU, but have not found a remedy for the problem.

I would still like to take the opportunity to briefly make something clear.
This problem is not about needing to be fixed yesterday rather than today, although that would of course be desirable. The Arc A770 has given me a lot of pleasure so far and otherwise, and I'm always impressed by the performance leaps that were and probably still are possible with the drivers. I'm more concerned that this issue is known and the community knows that it is being worked on, perhaps not with the highest priority, but still. Saying that at least you have it on your mind and make the Arc graphics cards even more attractive than they already are. In the end, these are the small nuances that at least convince me completely of a product.

Best Regards,

Florian R.

P.S. This message may be a duplicate as is just sent it as a reply but it did not get posted.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FloLoFlo

Thank you for sharing all this information and feedback with us. Allow me to pass the information on to our team, I cannot make any promises about the outcome but once I have an update on this, I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

FloLoFlo
Novice

Hello Hugo,

thank you for your answer. I'm very glad you're passing it on to your team. I understand that you can't make any promises, but appreciate that this issue is now at least known and hopefully can now be investigated and fixed. With your response, I, and hopefully others who stumble across this post, can at least work and I now know at least you have it on your radar. Whatever the outcome may be then, it is at least addressed and one is no longer tapping in the dark as to whether this glitch is affecting others as well.

I look forward to your update regarding this issue.

Thanks again.

Best Regads,

Florian R.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FloLoFlo

We have passed this information to the corresponding team, however, since the latest version of the game works fine there are slim chances that our devs will pick up specifically version 1.7.10 or older versions to work on.

We won't make any promises but there is still a lot of work to cover on OpenGL/DirectX 9/11 APIs so perhaps in future driver updates improvements may indirectly impact Minecraft 1.7.10 so our only recommendation at this point is to keep drivers up to date. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
FloLoFlo
Novice

Hello Hugo,

thank you very much for the update. I really appreciate that you have forwarded it to the appropriate parties and I am looking forward to seeing how things progress in this regard. Of course I can understand that you can't make any promises and the chance that the responsible team is working very specifically on version 1.7.10 now is slim.
Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your efforts. This information and the state of affairs are, at least for me, the most detailed on this topic so far.

I wait patiently for each driver update in the hope that this graphics glitch may then eventually be fixed.

I would be happy to see further updates on this topic in this thread, if that should be possible.

Have many thanks.

Best Regards,

Florian R.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FloLoFlo

We will no longer monitor the thread since it is not guaranteed the issue will get resolved and in the case that it gets fixed at the moment is uncertain how long is going to take, however, the thread and the link will remain open for you or any community member to be able to continue posting in case they notice the issue reported here is no longer happening.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
baodz
Beginner

hi have you find the way to fix this problem yet i also have the same issue and can't not fix it i try to downgrade the older version and update to the lastest version and the result still the same, the problem still there hope u can reply me 

0 Kudos