Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20919 Discussions

Minecraft showing as one solid color.

Dodozen
Beginner

Upon launching Minecraft 1.7.10 modded, the game seems to work fine. But as soon as I play a world, the screen is normal for about a second until becoming one solid color. Seemingly, the game works fine. I can hear the music, footsteps, I can move, and I can interact with the menu. The only problem is that the screen seemingly blends into one color. Attached is a scan from System Support Utility.

7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dodozen,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when playing Minecraft.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Did the game use to work without any issues?
  • Does the issue persist if you use the game's 'Vanilla' version (not modded)?
  • Also, you mentioned to be playing version 1.7.10, could you try using the latest game version?
  • Provide us with a screenshot showing the issue behavior. If it is possible, a video would be ideal.
  • Also, share an Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) report, as it will gather information from your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue.
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dodozen
Beginner

I recently purchased this laptop brand new, so it's been happening since I got it. The same issue happens when I play without mods. In versions 1.8 and above, the game works fine. 

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dodozen,

Thanks for your response.

Since the issue does not occur on newer game versions, It seems the problem was part of the older version (1.7.10), and it has already been addressed on the latest versions. I recommend you contact the game developer for further recommendations.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
adun336
Beginner

Customer Service like this is why intel is no longer #1 on the market for product quality.  The laziness to understand what is happening to actually provide useful and meaningful help is unappreciated.  The bare minimum you could have done to help would have been to find someone that could actually do what you apparently lack the ability to do, and that would be help.  I love minecraft , I have been playing it for almost 14 years and almost all of the best mods end at 1.7.10 so that is what I have to play on.  It is not my fault intel graphics are not diverse enough in coding to work with older software, so why should I be punished for intel's laziness.  find a solution because intel does not give us the option to roll back our updates if we bought a computer recently.  This type of service is how you lose customer base, especially since intel is struggling to keep customers coming given generic brands like AMD now out perform intel.  Do better.  

Chuc
Novice

Hi Jean, I am experiencing the same issue, and would like to add some extra context because I have come to the conclusion that it is not a problem with the older version of the game, and that it may be fixable. 

Dodozen and I are not the only people experiencing this issue. There are other people on this product support forum listing the same issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Minecraft-Glitch/m-p/1421489

https://community.intel.com/t5/Gaming-on-Intel-Processors-with/trying-to-downgrade-graphics-on-iris-xe-game-will-not-look-how/m-p/1408658  

And there are other posts on the internet further showcasing this issue:

https://main.jingames.net/forums/topic/solid-colour-screen/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/ts9kpm/screen_shows_only_solid_color_when_loaded_in/ 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/tp690a/comment/i7c02ma/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

On the reddit pages, there are many comments from people who report to also experience this issue.

There are two similarities between all of these reports and with my own experience. It is with Minecraft 1.7.10, and it arose some time in early 2022. 

Firstly, all of the reports come from people using some variant of the Minecraft version 1.7.10. For clarification, people use this older version of the game intentionally, sometimes because there are community-made mods to the game that are only updated for this older version of the game, sometimes just because they prefer playing an older version of the game due to gameplay differences. Simply updating to a newer version of Minecraft is not a feasible solution because people want to play the older version of the game, and even if they were willing to update Minecraft to a newer version just to play on their current worlds (servers), it would distort (create chunk boundaries) and potentially corrupt their worlds (specifically prevalent when going back to an older version of Minecraft after having loaded the world in a newer version). I believe this is why gdsuperboi stopped messaging you in the second link, as recommending updating to a newer version is kind of like telling them to just play a different game. Or at least that is how it might be received. Moving on, yes, most of these reports come from people using a modding API called Forge that allows for community mods to be used. In the first link from InzoYT you can briefly see that they are using Forge-10.13.4.1614. That is a forge version specifically for Minecraft 1.7.10. In the second link by gdsuperboi they are playing 1.7.10 and using mods, thus they must be using some Forge version compatible with Minecraft 1.7.10. In the third link, Dot is playing modded 1.7.10, same case as gdsuperboi. In the Reddit pages, people report that the issue arises with vanilla 1.7.10 and modded 1.7.10, although they do not specify with forge version they are using. I tested this myself, and I experience this specific issue with vanilla 1.7.10 and with 1.7.10-Forge10.13.4.1614 (which is the latest and recommended Forge installation for Minecraft 1.7.10). I do not get this issue with any newer versions of Minecraft (I tested the next update 1.8 and the newest version 1.19.3) and I do not get this issue with any older versions of Minecraft (I tested the previous version 1.7.9 and version 1.6.4)

Secondly, all of the reports come from some time in 2022, with the earliest report from the fifth link on March 27 2022. For reference, 1.7.10 was released in 2014. On the reddit pages, you can see that some users have been able to fix this issue by rolling back their intel graphics drivers to a version from October 2021, specifically Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers 30.0.100.9955. This driver comes from before this issue has ever been documented as far as I have been able to find. As such, there is good reason to believe that this issue arose due to a driver update some time between 10/14/2021 and 24/3/2022, possibly with the release of 30.0.101. 

My computer's CPU is a 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-12600K, meaning it's integrated GPU is the Intel UHD Graphics 770 and uses the Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows* driver. The issue happens on the latest driver update, 31.0.101.4146, and on the oldest available, 31.0.101.3490 from 10/11/2022, meaning I am unable to rollback my driver to an update before 2022 (at least I think, I don't really understand computers). 

I just really want to play on my Minecraft world that I've had for the better half of my life, and I hope that you can appreciate that I don't want to permanently scar and potentially corrupt it because of an issue that might be fixable. Any follow up would be greatly appreciated.

YusufEmre_47
Beginner

I have the exact same problem as you right now I have a 12th generation intel processor and intel Iris Xe graphics. Graphics driver software before 2021 does not have this problem, but then this problem occurs. My driver support supports at least drivers after 2022 and therefore the problem I have no choice but to wait for them to fix it now!

SuperichEight
Beginner

Hey I know I'm crazy late but I was just playing the Minecraft unofficial dbc modpack on 1.7.10 and for me if I scroll of the book that's automatically placed first in your hot bar it fixes the issue. This means it probably isn't intel's fault and is an error from the mod instead. I know at some point someone said that even on vanilla it still happens and I don't know how to help there but if you are playing modded then that could be the reason why. The only problem is that some of the textures break but you can probably fix it with a texture pack.

0 Kudos