Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

My system freezes and restarts sometimes, is it a problem with my Arc 770 video card?

genEU
Novice

Hello!

Sometimes my system freezes (black screen with a few colored pixels) and then restarts, mostly when I start a game shortly after starting the system.

From the Event Viewer I noticed this error " The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffff970f9f661010, 0xffff80541596b00, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000000d). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Mini dump\112023-8609-01. dmp. Report Id: 01c592db-278c-4de9-b52f-1547e31c0ad5."

Is this a bug caused by my Arc770 16GB video card? Can someone help me identify and possibly solve the problem?

These are my system details:

Screenshot 2023-11-20 165624.png

Thank you in advance, have a nice day!

0 Kudos
32 Replies
genEU
Novice

Hi Jean!

Even after I did what you advised me, the problem persists, the bios is reset to the default settings and my RAMs run now at 4800 MT/s and I just encountered another system crash.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genEU,

Thank you for testing with the default BIOS settings and setting the RAM to run at 4800 MT/s. However, since the issue persists, we would like to investigate the matter further internally. Please allow us some time to look into this, and we will get back to you with more details as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
genEU
Novice
Sure, let me know if you need additional info or testing.
Have a nice day
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genEU,

After reviewing this matter with the graphics team, we noticed that in the memory dump, we see failure occurs at 0x119_5_DRIVER_FAULTED_SYSTEM_COMMAND_igdkmdnd64!__KmGen12MainPageFaultInterruptHandlerInterna. This indicates that there could be a driver issue. However, since we have already tried a clean installation of the new drivers, we would like to recommend you perform a fresh installation of the Operating System. Let us know if the issue remains after you do a fresh OS installation.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
genEU
Novice

Hello Jean,

I just performed a fresh installation of the OS, but this time I went back to Window 10, I will come back with feedback in a few days.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Hiruda
Beginner

i think windows updates could be part of it
when clean installed, windows opens the start menu
type "device instal" and disable auto instals
instal chipset->network->gpu manually
then you could turn it back on if you want that

even now, windows is trying to give me version "30.0.100.9805"
witch could mess things up greatly

edit: i do reccomend windows 11, and always from scratch

0 Kudos
genEU
Novice

Hi Hiruda!

Yes, it is possible that it has something to do with the fact that Windows keeps trying to install this version: Intel Corporation - Display - 31.0.101.4577. I disabled automatic updates immediately after installing the operating system.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
genEU
Novice

Hi Jean,

I already have the first crash after installing the operating system, I have attached the created DMP file.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genEU,

We see that the issue remains after you perform a fresh installation of Windows 10. Since the issue persists, and considering we cannot replicate the issue, then, it is also highly possible to be hardware. We would like to recommend you honor the warranty for your card. Since you have an Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition 16GB, we recommend you contact us directly to process the warranty of your graphics card (you can't do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can look up contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA 

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC 

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
genEU
Novice

Hi Jean!

I'm sad to hear this, I was hoping we wouldn't get to this point, OK then, I'll start the warranty process, I will keep you posted.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genEU,

We understand that this is not what you expected; however, based on the troubleshooting information it seems that the issue is a hardware-related problem. We also noticed that you have already opened an internal case with us regarding the warranty. and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case to avoid duplication of efforts. Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
genEU
Novice

Ok Jean, thank you for support.

0 Kudos