Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

Palworld GPU 100%

Timese
Beginner

I just got Palworld today and I just entered the game. After a slight lag, there is no problem of low FPS, but the GPU usage is always 100%.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Timese,

We greatly appreciate your posts in our Intel communities.

We understand that you are having issues with your system, as when playing Palworld, the GPU usage is always 100.

In order for me to isolate the issue and provide the best solution, kindly provide the following information:

• Is the Palword game the only one that is having a GPU-high usage issue?
  • Have you made any changes to the system that led to the issue?
  • What steps have you taken to troubleshoot the issue?
  • Please provide us with your SSU, as it would really help us if we could get more information about your system.

Kindly do the following:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

2. Open the application, tick Everything, and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the text file here.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Timese,

We are checking in with you on the lag issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Timese
Beginner

Hello, I'm sorry I've been busy lately. I just have a way to reply now.

1.Is the Palword game the only one that is having a GPU-high usage issue?

No, there is also this article
(https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Path-of-Exile-international-version-FPS-instability-issue/m-p/1568379/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExTM0ZWU0c2RjRWRkpEfDE1Njgz Nz l8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw #M12011 )The FPS problem mentioned in the content also occurs between GUP90~100%

2.Have you made any changes to the system that led to the issue?

No, I have factory settings.

3.What steps have you taken to troubleshoot the issue?

Changed the GPU driver to the latest "31.0.0.101.5186" and the result is the same

4.Please provide us with your SSU, as it would really help us if we could get more information about your system.

As appendix

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Timese,

Thank you for the information provided.  

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Samuel00000
Beginner

You know what I find amazing in all of this?

Intel reps do not even bother to read the OP in any of these threads.

If anyone bothered to read what OP wrote you would easily see that he is NOT having an issue with Palworld.

Palworld is running at 100% GPU usage, is what he is saying and he is ASKING if this is normal

The correct answer would be YES this is normal your GPU SHOULD be running at 100% because your GPU should be performing at 100% efficiency and outputting as much frames as possible with the only exception when you alt tab it should  automatically drop the frames to conserve power.

0 Kudos
Timese
Beginner

Unfortunately, I was also surprised by your statement.
No one wants their GPU to be at 100% all the time, right?
Unless you want to compromise the life of your GPU
In addition, I opened two games, both of which will instantly reach 100% plus drop FPS.
Is this still within the normal range as you said?
You must know that Palworld’s minimum required GPU is only 1060, and A750 is obviously higher than 1060.

0 Kudos
Samuel00000
Beginner

You are misunderstanding how GPUs work and possibly confusing this with CPU usage.

When gaming your GPU has to work 100% usage for it to be efficient, the only time a GPU wouldn't run 100% usage is if the game is capped to say 60 FPS like street fighter and that would have to be a super old version

100% GPU usage ensures you get the best possible performance out of your game that is more FPS which = less input delay

A well designed GPU should always push maximum FPS as possible and be at 100% GPU usage unless there is an FPS cap and even then it's debatable if it needs to be below 99% because it all depends on how demanding  a game is and you still want as low input latency as possible so the GPU should be running at 100%.

If a game on the other hand is using 100% CPU usage then you have a much bigger problem.

A 100% CPU usage would indicate your CPU isn't powerful enough for the task at hand or the coding you are using is bad

If you were NOT getting 100% GPU usage then you would actually have something to worry about.

It's like your heart and artery, if you are not getting 100% blood flow through your main artery it means you have heart disease

You would want 100% unrestricted blood flow through your artery.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Timese, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We have already discussed our issue, and for us to better understand the issue with the high GPU usage when playing Palworld, we would like to ask you the following questions:

1. When did you first notice the issue?

2. Which graphics card is showing high GPU usage, the Arc graphics card or the integrated graphics card? You can change the graphics preference and choose which graphics card to use on Windows. For more details, please refer to our How to Set the Default GPU for Applications and Games article. To enhance your gaming performance, we recommend choosing the Arc graphics card.

3. What are the brand, model, and wattage of your power supply?

By the way, there are some ways to reduce GPU usage and improve the performance of Palworld, such as:

• Adjusting the graphics settings to medium or low.

• Locking your FPS to a lower value.

• Improving the airflow of your PC case

• Update your graphics driver to the latest version.

• Lowering your system resolution if you play on fullscreen.

We will be waiting for your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Timese
Beginner

Hello

1. When did you first notice the issue?

This was the case when I played it for the
first time, with the GPU at 100% and FPS dropping to single digits.

2. Which graphics card is showing high GPU usage, the Arc graphics card or the integrated graphics card? You can change the graphics preference and choose which graphics card to use on Windows. For more details, please refer to our How to Set the Default GPU for Applications and Games article. To enhance your gaming performance, we recommend choosing the Arc graphics card.

I only have arc graphics card and no other graphics card

3. What are the brand, model, and wattage of your power supply?

FSP Hydro GE 650W

As for the following methods you mentioned, I have tried them all and the results are the same.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Timese, 

Thank you so much for the quick response and for providing us with the information we requested.

I will now discuss the issue that we have with our engineers to do further research, and then we will post the response on this thread once it is available.

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience, and have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Timese,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our response.

According to our engineers, as long as there is no thermal throttling, GPU usage at 100% is not an issue, as long as you do not experience any frame drops or low FPS.

GPU usage is expected to rise to the level needed to handle heavy workloads, especially in games that demand high graphics quality, and if there is no thermal throttling, then 100% GPU usage is not a cause for concern.

However, you may try adjusting the power mode from the graphics preference in the window setting for this specific game (System-Display-Graphics-Select Game-Option-Power Saving/High Performance Mode), but it will affect the game's performance.

Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any more questions or need clarification on anything; we would be pleased to help.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Timese
Beginner

Hello, the situation I encountered is that when I open the game, the usage rate is about 50%. As the game progresses, it will slowly increase to 100% after about 5 to 10 minutes. When usage increases, FPS also drops to single digits. It's like watching stop motion animation

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Timese,

Thank you for your message. Our team is currently working diligently to investigate and find the best solution for you. Rest assured, we won't stop until we have everything sorted out. Once we have any new updates, we will share them with you through this thread.  

Thanks for your patience and understanding! 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Timese,

We appreciate your patience and the time you took to bring this matter to our attention. Following an extensive review, we would like to share that our priority is to target the most popular games and apps to focus our efforts on providing a high-quality, stable experience for the broadest set of users. We will continue to improve our software performance and compatibility throughout 2024 and beyond. While we can’t accommodate your request at this time, please watch this Poor Performance in Palworld* using Intel® Arc™ Graphics article on our website for any possible changes to this situation.

With this, we will be concluding this inquiry. Should you require additional support in the future, we kindly ask that you initiate a new query, as we will no longer be monitoring this thread. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos